Help - Mount for motor

nezbit

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM5620-S Gemini 3.10, 80cm Dish on Moteck SG2100A, MRev2.25, Sky+, Sagem dBox2, DM500c Neutrino dPlus V2.01
My Location
Manchester
I am a relative newcomer to the world of satellites haviong bought a cheap(ish) setup mainly from ebay over the past 6 months.

I currently have an 80cm fixed at 13e and fancy mounting it on a Moteck 2100 disceq motor. I understand that the 'pole' on which the motor and dish are mounted need to be absolutely vertical and every setup I have seen on the web seems to be a scaffold pole bolted to the wall by 2 or more brackets. When I had my dish installed by a professional engineer he used an S shaped bracket (picture attached), will this be suitable for a motoried dish?

Cheers
Neil

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
You could possibly get away with the existing mount, but they are difficult to get perfectly plumb and a little too flimsy for motorised operation. You may also find that the mount needs to be higher to get the eastern satellites past 19.2 from the look of the picture.

nezbit

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM5620-S Gemini 3.10, 80cm Dish on Moteck SG2100A, MRev2.25, Sky+, Sagem dBox2, DM500c Neutrino dPlus V2.01
My Location
Manchester
Thanks rolfw, I had a hunch that would be the case. I am living in a rented house at the moment so have to be a little careful how much I start bolting to the wall. With the layout of the other houses around me you can only really see the dish from my garden and I wouldn't mind keeping it like that even though it will, as you rightly point out, cost me everything east of 19.2. Can you recommend a 'tidy' bracket which would occupy the same wallspace as my current one but offer a stable enough platform for the motor.

Cheers
Neil