Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM7020 Screambox
MAC OSX & windowzz 98SE
Gemini
1664 on tap
My Location
13°E
Tried most images during the first week but then settled on Hydra_Phoenix109.nfi. Now I tried to flash Gemini with dreamup using com1 and it stopped during flashing with "flash copy error result 5" displayed on the pc.

Dont panic, I unplug everything and tried again, check ping and got the same thing. So I tried the original image then Hydra , then Trillenium, same error message during flashing. Dont panic try another pc, same thing. Tried pressing up button or down button during switch on , same thing. Dont panic read idiots guide again. Enter boot routine and change IP address to enter web interface.

Dreambox is set to dhcp and unable to change.

I've been trying to flash it all day, I still get error message but now instead of a blank lcd during communication I get 2 dots.

OK Now panic.....

Update.... Have spoken to 2 dealers and they both have said that this is a first and I need to return it for repair.

dave59

Reaction score
i had the same problem but found that on windows xp i had to turn file and printer sharing on even though dream up had permission to bypass the firewall. not sure the same aplies to yourself but it worked for me.

whatsthis

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM7020 Screambox
MAC OSX & windowzz 98SE
Gemini
1664 on tap
My Location
13°E
Thanks dave

you picked up an old thread of mine. Very reluctently I had to send the box back to DMM to have new flash memory installed.

Touch wood all is ok now. Some other users have had the same probs and also sent them back, seems to be a problem with the 7020s

un4gvn

Learning everyday........
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DB500S (Alps tuner)- VBox II-2m Cheapo prime focus-heavy duty 24" actuator-Universal Quad invacom LNB-SkyStar2-Linksys router-2 PC's and some other stuff I'm hiding from the Mrs.........
My Location
CY
When I had the 7020S, I found out that flashing through your browser was the only safe bet to do it. Never failed with me at least, must have done it at least 30 times ( kidd you not ).
Are you using a router to connect your dreambox to your PC ?
One more thing, I never had to use dream up, I guess that's a good thing..
Good luck..

Cheers from CY