My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7020
Dreambox DM500
Sky Thomsom Digibox
StrongSat FTA Reciever
80cm Dish + 45cm Dish via Disecq A/B.
My Location
England
I finally got a chance to test the sat meter rolfw lent to me (will post back soon :p) and it seems my lnb is ****ed.

I borrowed a good sat meter from a friend, he aligned it and said that was the correct alignment, on dreambox satfind it shows signal but no lock at all ever.

I thought at that point perhaps it was the lnb?

the guy then goes, there is a c r a c k in your lnb rain cap thing, he said i could fix with some tape though. but it seems to me the lnb is ****ed, what do you guys think?

Anyone wanna donate an lnb ? :p

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
A piece of carrier bag can be taped around a c r acked LNB cap, so it may not be terminal.

If you are not getting any quality at all, then it is either alignment or the LNB, did the other signal meter get any quality reading?

PS. you can pick up an LNB from any one of our advertisers for very little money. :)

PS. Keep hold of the little meter, then send it to anyone else who asks for one, I have no use for it.

D4ftpunk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7020
Dreambox DM500
Sky Thomsom Digibox
StrongSat FTA Reciever
My Location
England
We got a reading, then he said "oh it just cracked" then no signal on meter, i get 50% signal on dreambox and BER is high though or all over the place.

We tried 2 sat meters, he said he thinks its the lnb. I saw one on wizardsatellite for a tenner so?

D4ftpunk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7020
Dreambox DM500
Sky Thomsom Digibox
StrongSat FTA Reciever
My Location
England
Hmm, just been fiddling and its found astra 1 19.2 lol thats 6.2 degrees out. Shall i cover up lnb cap now ? :p will some electrical tape work? or do i have to use something thinner

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Use the end of a carrier bag and then electrical tape to strap it around the neck of the LNB.