Help Needed - Again

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ "patched" receiver, 90cm p/f 36v motorised dish, Inverto C120 0.3db LNB, Moteck V-Box 2, Packard Bell 6052 XP Home computer, Toshiba A60 laptop, and lots of Russian Vodka !
My Location
Essex
After finally fixing my system last week-end by installing a different motor everything was great the receiver moved the dish between 30w,8w,1w,13e,23.5e,and 42e.
Not the slightest hint of movement off the sat, as the dish moved between sats it stayed there, till this morning.

I have been trying to find Sirius (5e) all week, well this morning I did and tuned in the channels I wanted (sorry the wife wanted) but now I can't get to the other sats.
The dish will go to Hotbird but after 3-5 secs it moves away, and Thor it will not even go to, it seems the only sat it will stay on is bloody Sirius. :-bash

Using DiSEqC 1.2 what is the best way to go about this, will get rid of Sirius (or wife) if need be.:)

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ "patched" receiver, 90cm p/f 36v motorised dish, Inverto C120 0.3db LNB, Moteck V-Box 2, Packard Bell 6052 XP Home computer, Toshiba A60 laptop, and lots of Russian Vodka !
My Location
Essex
The silence is deafening, come on lads.

Well I ended up doing a factory reset to get rid of Sirius as it seemed as if it had pushed all my other sats "out of position" so to speak.

Does anyone have any idea why tuning in Sirius should mess up the rest of the sats which where 42e, 28e, 19e, 13e, 1w, 8w, 30w, as everything was running fine up to then. :)

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Unfortunately I have no way of checking for similar behaviour Rob, don't have access to a Technomate and I think that it is some sort of software incompatibility between receiver and motor, perhaps to do with the flash.

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Essex
Thanks for reply Rolf, but I'm wondering if my receiver & motor has been "got at" by counter-measures for receiving encrypted Russian channels from Sirius.
To this day the receiver I had then will not receive anything from Sirius (my mate now has this receiver which he use's with his 36 volt system) and it took me a week to tune in Sirius with the same motor and when I do it all goes wrong.
When I use my new receiver (both are TM1000D's) with my new motor (Stab) I can get Sirius first time, every time, and no problems.

If it was a matter of the motor and receiver being incompatibly why didn't it show up before I tuned in Sirius, and also this combination were together for six month's before the trouble's started.:confused

It's enough to drive you to drink.:)

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
I doubt its a countermeasure from the Russians, the single position setting throwing all the oters out occurred to me on a couple of occasions and required careful realignment of the motor (one was a Technomate , the other a Force PVR - both were eventually set up using a meter on the through port of the tuner and careful observation of the dish from the window.

It could however be a faulty motor.
The earlier badged clones of Stab models are not perfect,

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Essex
Hi CH, It's not the Stab that I have on now it's a Manhattan HH Mount which was my original motor. I'm using this one because my Stab will not stay on selected sats, but that's another story.
My problems started with my original TM1000D and this Manhattan motor and after about six month's it refused to pick up any Russian channels from Sirius and Hotbird.

Managed to get the Hotbird ones back, but in the end couldn't pick up any channels from Sirius at all. No other sats were affected.
The motor would take the dish to 5e (or near enough) but the receiver couldn't get any channels, Russian or not.
1st receiver + 1st motor = no Sirius
1st receiver + 2nd motor = no Sirius
1st receiver + my mates 36 volt system = no Sirius
2nd receiver + 1st motor = no Sirius, or at least Sirius and nothing else.
2nd receiver + 2nd motor = Sirius, no problems.

1st motor is a Manhattan HH Mount
2nd motor is a Stab HH120
Both receiver's are Technomate TM1000D's

When I get my Stab motor replaced I SHOULD have no problems, but seeing is believing.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
And what make is the Manhattan ?

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Essex
Channel Hopper said:
And what make is the Manhattan ?

All it says on the motor is Manhattan CE, Manhattan HH Mount, made in Italy, and a serial number.

If they make them can't say, but Manhatten market them as well as other satellite goodies.