Help needed for dish skew setting on Multytenne 4LNB dish

nicedot

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technisat Multytenne, Vantage 7100 HD, Panasonic PZ600
My Location
London
I am about to install a Technisat Multytenne 45cm dish which uses a fixed 4 LNB setup for 13, 19.2, 23.5 and 28.2 (i.e. all 4 LNBs are located in a fixed element and can't be adjusted individually).

My question is this: the dish has been designed for use in Germany with an average built-in LNB skew correction for that location. To get the best signal here in the UK (North London), do I have to mount the dish slightly rotated (i.e. with dish skew)?

And more specifically: using dishopinter.com, the dish skew is stated as 76.2 degrees for my location. Given the already built-in LNB skew correction for Germany (I assume the adjustment is 7.8 degrees as the average dish skew applicable for Germany at the same latitude to my location is 82.2 degrees), would I use an effective dish skew of approximately 84 degrees (i.e. theoretical dish skew of 76.2 degrees at my location adjusted by the assumed 7.8 degrees built in LNB skew correction)?

Lastly, are there any wall mounts where I can manually rotate the dish skew (the mount on the Multytenne only allows for the usual horizontal/vertical adjustments).

Many thanks for you help!

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Hi,

I think you may have either been entering the wrong figures, or reading the wrong figures, as the Skew for those satellites in the UK is nowhere near that much. For me the figures are betwem 7 and 13 degrees.

Not got one of these dishes, but I would expect the LNB to swivel, so that the Skew can be adjusted for all 4 LNBs at once. The difference in Skew values betweem here and Germany isn't huge and the adjustment range should be enoughI think.

Robbo:)

nicedot

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technisat Multytenne, Vantage 7100 HD, Panasonic PZ600
My Location
London
Thanks Robbo,

So you think it is not necessary to install with dish skew as the difference to Germany is not that great?

I think dishpointer.com reports dish skew on multi-LNB installations as the an absolute number (so 90 degrees means dish is not skewed). Skew on individual LNB installation is given in relative numbers.

So I think 84 degrees would be -9 degrees from 90?

The Multytenne has no ability to skew the fixed LNB block or the dish. So the only way would be to install the mount at the relevant angle.

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
I don't know, I was just guessing based on my experiences with ordinary multi_lnb setups, hopefully someone who had already installed one will chip in.

In the meantime, do a forum search, as I'm sure I have read at least two other threads mentioning this dish, one of them fairly recent.

All I have been able to gather so far, from reading around a bit, is that the dish is setup using 19.2E, and the other 3 LNBs mystically fall into place. I can only presume that because of the dish size, the closeness of the satellites and the LNBs, any error due to LNB positioning is minimised.

SimonleBon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 500, WaveFrontier T90,
Nokia MM9500
My Location
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
^ You're correct, it is setup on 19.2E and the other satellites are are set, too.

As the OP pointed out the Multytenne is intended for the German market, and the skew in Londen differs about 6-7 degrees with that of Germany.
Here, in the Netherlands, most of the users are pleasantly surprised of the performance compared to his size. It is a very popular dish.

I don't know wether the Multytennes that are sold in the UK are modified to compensate the skew difference, but if I would be located in the London I would set the wall mount under a 6 degree angle, just to be sure. Or experiment a little with the skew.

Another thing you will have to be aware of is the diseqc config cos it is set up like this:
1 - Astra (19.2E)
2 - Hotbird (13.0E)
3 - Astra3 (23.5E)
4 - Astra2 (28.2E)

Last thing I have to add is that the Multytenne is sensitive for rainddrops on the front of the LNB casing. Some moddified the head by fixing a piece of lexan sheet on top of the casing. Here is an example:

_http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o66/SimonBueno/MultytenneLNBLexan.png