Help Needed from All Smart Satellite Techies

Bathino

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
StarSat
My Location
Surrey, UK
Hi everyone,

My six- month old StarSat SR-X3500CUCI ha s died without doing anything to it. When switched on, the LCD shows L120, then BOOT, then after few seconds it hangs on forever, showing one letter of the previous word.

I have contacted StarSat, and after many lengthy deliberations, they told me in one email that the flash memory needs to be changed and in another one that it needs to be reprogrammed. Both should be done in their Service in Dubai. Something that’s not possible without throwing around £150 for postage the whole receiver.

Every time I use IRDTool or Simple Upload for both the upgrade or the Flash , it hangs again after the stage above, giving this log:

“Simple Upload
Waing BABO
0: [¯»فے]
4: [¯»فے¯»فے]
== After switching ON
12: [DNDN]
16: [CLKRV_Init : 0 CLKRV0 ]
38: [DENC_Open : 0]
54: [VTG_Open : 0]
69: [VID_Open : 0]
84: [Start TTXHandlerTask]
107: [Start TTXBufferPoolingTask]
136: []
139: [g_dwVideoPictureDisplayCnt : 4]
169: [CHECK : 20040305 20041009]
197: []”

On their own Loader, it gives the following log:

“DNDNCLKRV_Init : 0 CLKRV0
DENC_Open : 0
VTG_Open : 0
VID_Open : 0
Start TTXHandlerTask
St”

I’ve searched this site and the whole internet for a solution, and I’ve done everthing I could, and it seems to me as if am hitting a rock wall. I’ve come across JTag, but not sure if I could do it.

Is there someone out there who can help please?

I’m willing to pay anyone who can handle the repair if necessary.

Sorry for the long story, and many thanks for your time and efforts. Please don’t spare me any thought.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
The machine is under a year old, and suffers from a problem which is not of your doing

You are covered under warranty by the supplier, if not the installer for a free of charge replacement, I trust you did not order it direct from Dubai.

Bathino

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
StarSat
My Location
Surrey, UK
Thanks Channel Hopper, but they didn't dispute this fact, the problem is with the postage costs as I mentioned.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Maybe they can just ship the mother board.

Otherwise wait until you return to UAE

Bathino

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
StarSat
My Location
Surrey, UK
Hi everyone,
Could someone point me please to any forum/web site in English that's more in technical interest and electronics which could be of some help re my problem.. Many thanks

buzzbomb

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
protek 9600ip Openbox S9 HD 1.8m precision dish and standalone 36v positioner.
My Location
scotland and greece
Bathino I take it you have visited satdw.com for the latest software and relavent flash file. (unfortunately satsw.net is now closed) Fortunately for me I have never experienced your problem with my srx650 super but when uploading the latest software I get the awaiting boob message. I click OK and the machine normally starts uploading the new software. Have never tried re-flashing the machine so cannot help there either.

As a matter of interest I bought my box in Greece and brought it back to the UK so I guess I could have the same problem as you re postage costs if I had a problem in the future.

Bathino

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
StarSat
My Location
Surrey, UK
Yes, I've done everything I could, except going into JTag in depth. The problem with this box is it has to be sent to UAE when necessary.