Help Needed from Rolfw

satoons

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hi Rolfw,

Instead of patching my receiver (Manhattan 5800)
I removed the Aston and Viaccess cams and now I only use an irdeto cam with a fun card.
The receiver is working fine plus that I now receive most CANAL channels.

My question is:

Which files do I use to programme my card.
I programmed a fun card for a patched Humax and only wrote the flash and ext.eeprom on it.
Due to the fact that my receiver is not patched do I also have to write the Int.eeprom aswell or only the other 2 files?

Please advise on this matter.

Regards,

satoons

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Hi Satoons, is your Irdeto CAM a Freecam? In most cases there will not be an internal Eeprom file, just the flash and external, but if there is an internal Eeprom, then the file is designed to use it, it makes no difference which CAM or receiver you are using.

satoons

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hi,

This might sound stupid to you. but how can I tell if my Irdeto CAM is a Freecam?

satoons

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Go into your cam menu on the receiver and see how it describes it, if it is a freecam it will say so.

malling

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Midlands UK
My 6800 is freecam as standard bought from the shop.....

Taken from CA menu...

Irdeto Common Interface Ver: 01.06
SoftCell: Ver 2.09 Cls - Demux (SW CA).
Compiled Oct 12 2000 13:22:52

I take it as freecam you mean the irdeto working as allcam to say view nagra, seca, viaccess. I have no problems with my receiver and wallbanger to get these encryption systems.

Taken from System information menu...

Boot Version: 2.01
APPL Version: 2.12AP
C.A Version: 2.00

There is a receiver upgrade on the Manhattan website but it blocks Ticket channels for some reason??

Hope this helps a little..

Malling.

satoons

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hi

The cam is a Freecam afterall.
What I did was I uploaded an upgrading file for the receiver and that was the end of it. All channels work great. Even zapping channels is faster.

So after all it was a software problem and I just upgraded a friends receiver which had the same problem and is also working fine.
If any body has a similar problem just visit the Manhattan site and download the files.

Thanks for all the information to all who have replied to this thread.

Best regards

Satoons:D :D :D

malling

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Midlands UK
Yes but again....

THE NEW SOFTWARE FOR MANHATTAN FROM THEIR WEBSITE HAS SOMETHING WRONG WITH IT....

I would advise anyone upgrading their manhattan receiver to read some of the issues raised on their forum as a lot of people are not happy with it... Even Admin on the forum say there are problems with new software and are working on a "fix". This was over a month ago!!

The problems seem to be the Viasat Tickets being blocked and some TPS Betacrypt channels.

Yes the software is supposed to be better but if your losing channels it is more like a downgrade.

Visit Manhattan Forum. You may have to sign in.

Malling.

satoons

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hi Malling,

Personally I am very happy with the new upgrades. I get much more channels through Astra now although I havent thoroughly checked hotbird.
Let me know specific channels that are suppose not to work and I will check them amd let you know.

Satoons:rolleyes:

malling

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Midlands UK
Hi satoons, sorry what im saying is the software is reported to be better but the ticket channels on sirius 2/3 5E will be blocked by the new upgrade.

Trouble in the UK though is that you need a 1.5M dish to get the signal..... :(

Malling.