Help Needed in buying a Motor

rleone

Reaction score
Hi All,
I have a Dreambox 5620 with an 80cm dish,Im thinking about buying a motor for the dish so I be able to pick up more satellites up,please can someone tell me what motor to buy,as theres so many about,I have seen one one Hxxp://www.dvb-shop24.net Moteck 2100A Dish Motor with DiseqC1.2 and GO to X for 30 pounds.

ManyThanks

Richard

whatsthis

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM7020 Screambox
MAC OSX & windowzz 98SE
Gemini
1664 on tap
My Location
13°E
Hi rleone

I have the Moteck 2100A Dish Motor with a 80cm dish and it works great. Got it from a german company on ebay with the bracket. A motorised system are well worth the investment.

Only advice I will give (I'm sure you already know) is that you need to fix an upright exactly verticle and solid. I concreted 2 posts in the garden and bolted the motor to them.
Good luck and happy searching

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Agree with Whatsthis, I have a Moteck and it has been troublefree, worked on one the other day which had got a bit slack after 3 years with a 1 metre dish, went through the tightening procedure and now working as new. :) At £30 it is a great deal. :)

rleone

Reaction score
Hi All,
many thanks for the above info,it look like that I will be going for the 2100,I will be placing the order when I return from my hols next week.

Richard

hughgk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Conax Silvercrest SL65 Receiver
My Location
Wicklow, Ireland
Hello rleone,

I'm new to this satellite stuff after buying a cheap Lidl kit a few weeks ago.

I'm enjoying it so much I bought a motor - a Motek SG2100, and with the modest amount of effort I'm happily skipping from Astra 28 to Astra 19 to the Hotbirds on 13 and back, from the comfort of my sitting room sofa, with a humble 57 cm dish. The build quality of the motor seems A1 and you can hardly hear it as it moves.

I settled for the Motek after reading this review:

http://www.satcritics.com/index.php

Lancelot

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SS1.
125cm Gibbi with Channelmaster feedhorn and Inverto C120 twin.
36v H to H 62E - 61.5W
My Location
South central
You said you were going to attempt to adjust out the backlash on that motor Rolf.
Glad it worked.
Worth posting the procedure as a sticky maybe ???

L. :D

rleone

Reaction score
Well Guys,
I couldnt wait any more so I have ordered one while being still on hoilday,,,,