Help Needed in Setting up a Motor.

davie

Reaction score
Can someone please help me?
I have just bought a motek sg-2100A motor and I have been reading the forums but I still can't get my head around the settings for it. If I'm correct then I should set the motor exactly south and then drive the motor to the nearest sat position which for me would be either 1W or 5W so does that mean that as my longitude is -3.230 I should drive the motor 2.230 degrees east to get 1W? Also can someone please tell me what to set the elevation on the motor to as I have looked at forums and web sites and downloaded programs to calculate it but I must be even more stupid than I thought because I can't figure it out.
On heavens-above web site my latitude is 59.066, longitude is -3.230 and elevation is 25m.
Thanks in advance for any help,
Davie.

H

Happy-Buddah

Are you up near the Orkneys and does your receiver use USALS? Also what do you mean by 25m?

H-B

davie

Reaction score
You are correct I am in Orkney and I don't know what 25m means, it is what is on heavens above web site, I took it to mean how far above sea level, I don't know if it matters or not.
I will be using DiSEqC as I am just using a SS2 card in my PC for now.
Thanks,
Davie.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Yes you can set up on 1W, just drive the motor using the onboard buttons to around 2 degrees East and set the lattitude scale on the motor to 59, then by swinging the whole assembly on the pole and your dish elevation, find 1W.

davie

Reaction score
Thanks H-B and Rolfw,
I am going to make a tripod for my dish and bolt it down onto my garage roof tonight so I will be trying out the motor tomorrow night, I will let you know how I get on.

Davie.

davie

Reaction score
Can someone please help again,

I have got my motor and dish set up and pointing at 1W, now I need to know how to move it, I downloaded SS2DiSEqC v1.8 and put it into ProgDVB but when I try to use it I get the message, "Error Drag and Drop directory with your ini files to the main application window". Where do I get ini files? and when I do get them what does it mean the application window?

I also downloaded FastSatFinder but it doesn't move the dish either.

I know the motor is getting power because the green led is on and also I moved it with the east/west button when I was setting it up.

Thanks,
Davie.

sharpxl521

Reaction score
There should be a "satellites" folder inside the SS2DiSEqC zip you downloaded. The ini files are all in there. Just drag and drop into the appropriate place in the DiSEqC program ;) . Hope this helps

davie

Reaction score
You are correct sharpxl527 that did sort one of the problems, the other was that I hadn't changed the skynet file in drivers, my own fault as it is in the instructions.

Thanks for all the help.