Help Needed in Setting up a Motor.

davie

Reaction score
I have recently bought and fitted a Moteck SG2100A motor but I can't get it to move. I can move the dish manually using the east/west button under the motor but I can't get DiSEqC to move it. I have tried SS2DiSEqC v1.8 in both ProgDVB and in My Theatre. The program tells me that it is moving the dish but it doesn't move. I must be missing something but I can't figure out what it is.
The dish must be set up correctly or nearly correctly because when I move the dish with the button I manage to find the sats.
Thanks for your help,
Davie.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Have you added your coordinates to the DiseqC control plugin?

davie

Reaction score
Hi Rolfw,

If you mean did I put in my Longitude and Latitude in Configuration when I click on Plugins then yes I did.
Thanks Davie

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I haven't used these plugins for a while, but I seem to remember that installing the components in the correct order was critical.

davie

Reaction score
Are there any other plugins that I can try?
This is doing my head in as I was up untill 2.30 this morning trying to get this to work.
Thanks.

davie

Reaction score
Got it working on MT, the problem was that I hadn't changed a system file, Only a couple of questions yet.

1. How do I update the transponder list in My Theatre v2.76?.
2. In ProgDVB when I switch it on it now says device not started, it must be something to do with the system file I changed, so how do I get it back without messing the whole thing up again?

Thanks,
Davie.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Use whichever one works, so if MyTheatre works, stick with it. I believe that T_G made a post abput updating the satellite files.

davie

Reaction score
Thanks Rolfw,
I think I found the post, I'm assuming that its ini files that I need, if it is then where do I put them?
Sorry to be so stupid but I haven't used MT in a long time.
Thanks,
Davie.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
LOL, you and me both, was hoping that a more regular user would jump in. :D

davie

Reaction score
Just an update,

My Theatre keeps locking up, it works fine untill after about 5 mins use then I get loads of error messages and it stops working. ProgDVB is not too user friendly, for me anyway.
The good news is DVB Dream v0.8.7b is working perfectly, no hitches or glitches at all which is good as I have used DVB Dream for ages and it seems the most user friendly and stable.
Thanks for the help Rolfw.