Help needed please

jimmyireland35

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Ok,

I will try that over the next few days and see what happens...........

More than likely I will be back to you lancelot.........

I see that you also helped another Tralee person set up a motorised system some months back.........

I have PM him and hopefully he will come back to me

jimmyireland

Lancelot said:
Right - back to motor on 0 first. then get a measuring stick and loosen the bolts holding the dish on the spindle , set the dish at a right angle to the motor body by measuring from either side of the lip of the dish to a reference point on either side of the motor body. Lock it up. Now you will (hopefully) need to move the whole pole to peak on 8W again.
Your elevation is roughly alright for the minute.

That should improve things. :)

L.

Lancelot

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SS1.
125cm Gibbi with Channelmaster feedhorn and Inverto C120 twin.
36v H to H 62E - 61.5W
My Location
South central
No problem jimmy, best to take the time and get it right. You are not far off now. You don't want to be up there in the winter fine tuning it man O-Ha

Cheers

L.

jimmyireland35

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Lancelot.................

Did what you advised as regards squaring and from what I can make out......the dish is square to within 1cm....................I had to realign the motor on the pole and
I am now getting the following readings

8West 77% Signal with 90% Quality

all the eastern satellites but this time including 28.2E giving 77% Signal and 81% quality. ( I could not get this before....Things are looking up). At 28.5 East the best I get is 75% Signal with 25% quality and no quality at all in some transponders

I can get 15 West but with readings of 74 Signal and 65% quality.....picture is blocking/breaking up a bit at this readings........

Any further advise please

Thanks
jimmyireland

jimmyireland35 said:
Ok,

I will try that over the next few days and see what happens...........

More than likely I will be back to you lancelot.........

I see that you also helped another Tralee person set up a motorised system some months back.........

I have PM him and hopefully he will come back to me

jimmyireland

jimmyireland35

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Can anyone help me further with this please

jimmyireland

jimmyireland35 said:
Lancelot.................

Did what you advised as regards squaring and from what I can make out......the dish is square to within 1cm....................I had to realign the motor on the pole and
I am now getting the following readings

8West 77% Signal with 90% Quality

all the eastern satellites but this time including 28.2E giving 77% Signal and 81% quality. ( I could not get this before....Things are looking up). At 28.5 East the best I get is 75% Signal with 25% quality and no quality at all in some transponders

I can get 15 West but with readings of 74 Signal and 65% quality.....picture is blocking/breaking up a bit at this readings........

Any further advise please

Thanks
jimmyireland

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
jimmyireland35 said:
Can anyone help me further with this please

jimmyireland

What I usually do is Move the motor clamped with the dish left or right depending on what sats I cant get. So If your not getting anything further than 28e move the motor east a bit leaving the dish it tact with it. Further adjustments might be needed on the elevation of the dish as well. One thing I noticed with some dishes and motors is that the measurement scale might be a notch or 2 off, so look at that end of things.
Mark the dish and motor settings before you start again just in cas it gets worse than it is now. I also move the motor manually with the remote and store the settings, rather than putting my long & Lat figs in.

jimmyireland35

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Thanks for that , but if I move the motor and dish I will lose my highest point on the arc which is 8 West, and surely I will lose the sats on the side opposite the direction in which I move.....................

jimmyireland

john_graydon said:
What I usually do is Move the motor clamped with the dish left or right depending on what sats I cant get. So If your not getting anything further than 28e move the motor east a bit leaving the dish it tact with it. Further adjustments might be needed on the elevation of the dish as well. One thing I noticed with some dishes and motors is that the measurement scale might be a notch or 2 off, so look at that end of things.
Mark the dish and motor settings before you start again just in cas it gets worse than it is now. I also move the motor manually with the remote and store the settings, rather than putting my long & Lat figs in.

Lancelot

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SS1.
36v H to H 62E - 61.5W
My Location
South central
Hi Jimmy.

What are your furthest east / west sats and signals on all the ones you can get now.

L.

jimmyireland35

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hi Lancelot..........

I can get 28.2 East with 77% Signal and 81% Quality

28.5E with 75% Signal and 25% Quality

and out to 15 West 74% Signal and 65% Quality

Lancelot said:
Hi Jimmy.

What are your furthest east / west sats and signals on all the ones you can get now.

L.

Lancelot

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SS1.
36v H to H 62E - 61.5W
My Location
South central
Ok - I take it you are getting everything in between at good sig level is that the case ?

L.

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
jimmyireland35 said:
Thanks for that , but if I move the motor and dish I will lose my highest point on the arc which is 8 West, and surely I will lose the sats on the side opposite the direction in which I move.....................

jimmyireland

Exactly because you will never get it the way it is now, you have to move something even the elevation of the dish. Somethings off. Either elevation of disn/ Motor elevation or motor not lined up correctly. You cant keep it the way you have it so it has to be moved.

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
jimmyireland35 said:
I do not seem to be able to get 23.5E or 26 East

thanks

jimmy

Move it east so.

Lancelot

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SS1.
36v H to H 62E - 61.5W
My Location
South central
That'll be your dish size and location probably as well . Try 10758v 22000 on 23E and see if you get anything.

John g is right. something is out of kilter.

L.

jimmyireland35

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Back to you again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whan I input the information 10758 V etc I get a reading of 82% signal and 96% Quality but cannot down load any channels

Very strange?????????????

Lancelot said:
That'll be your dish size and location probably as well . Try 10758v 22000 on 23E and see if you get anything.

John g is right. something is out of kilter.

L.

Lancelot

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SS1.
36v H to H 62E - 61.5W
My Location
South central
Well - clearly your dish is working.

They are (there are 2) HD channels.

Looking good so far.
Ok go to 42'e and see what you get on 11096V 27500.

L.

jimmyireland35

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Sorry for not getting back to everyone last night.......we had a power failure here for some reason........

Any way this is getting more and more frustrating............

If I am at 13 East and go channel search, select Astra 23 East and put in the frequency for 23 East that you gave me 10758 V 22000 I get a signal reading of 80% with 95% quality. When I send the dish on it's way it moves ok stops but does not download any channels.

However when I do the same from 28.2 I do not get any reading..............

What is going on here............. )(-red )(-red )(-red )(-red )(-red

Getting very angry and frustrated and not far off pulling the motor of the wall, selling it and forgetting about the whole thing

claasi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
105 cm motor dish with 75E to 45 W - Openbox 820 CI
My Location
Germany- Munich
Could be two things you might check since I faced the same "problem". One thing is after running to all the Sats I was able to receive I suddenly ran out of memory. Because the channel storage was full. When I scanned the channels they did not go into the list and were shown.

The other thing. Are you searching on FTA or encrypted channels. On some receivers you can select what he should scan. Now if you are on a Transponder that only has FTA und your search is for encrypted channels he will not find anything.

Could this be your problem ?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
If you are relying purely on the USALS/Goto function to tell the dish where to go, then you will get these problems, I have yet to find one which sends the dish perfectly to every satellite and regularly have to manually move the dish using the E/W buttons before saving.

claasi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
105 cm motor dish with 75E to 45 W - Openbox 820 CI
My Location
Germany- Munich
rolfw said:
If you are relying purely on the USALS/Goto function to tell the dish where to go, then you will get these problems, I have yet to find one which sends the dish perfectly to every satellite and regularly have to manually move the dish using the E/W buttons before saving.

Rolf just wondering, do you have to adjust sometimes with the E/W buttons already since I heard that after a while the motor gears perish after some time. How old is your Motek and do you face this problem already ?

Mine is just about half a year old but so far I did not have to adjust and USALS does its job good. Finds the exact position and signal is good since I checked manually already if he is really on the proper position ;)