Help needed please

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
It may only require a small nudge, but can make a big difference. :)

jimmyireland35

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I have tried moving manually at 28.5 where I get a reading of 80 Signal and 45% quality...but even the slightest nudge gives me no quality.....

something tells me that my dish elevation is out, but I do not know how to solve this

jimmy

jimmyireland35 said:
Thanks roilf..............

I am relying on usals/go to function................i will try manual movement

jimmy

claasi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
105 cm motor dish with 75E to 45 W - Openbox 820 CI
My Location
Germany- Munich
Jimmy,

What is your problem ? On the one hand you say you have a signal but do not get any channels. If that is the case it is not setup problem of dish and motor. Then you write about poor signals if you move a dish. I'm confused.

Only that much. Usals works without a problem and a problem can only occur if the motor gets old and he does not position properly anymore so you might have to adjust. Or your setup is incorrect and that is why Usal does not find any birds. This is actually all, or the previous thing I brought up.

What do you mean by manually moved to 28,5 ? The whole lot (pole and dish) or by moving the dish with the receiver ? The evaluation of the dish can be a problem becuase of the low signal. But actually, can't talk for others here, but I do not know were your problem is ?

Try to help but getting rather confusing what your up to ;-)

jimmyireland35

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Ok

I am getting confused myself so maybe no harm to take a snap shot of where I am ...

Motor set a zero and I have made sure that dish is square on pole I have turned the whole to to my southern most satellite which is 8 West. Getting a reading here of 79% Signal with 97% Quality
Move to 15 West Signal 73% Signal 60%
Cannot get anything outside of this.

On the eastern side

7 East Signal 78% Quality 98%

13 East Signal 76% Quality 97%

19.2 East Signal 81% Quality 97%

Cannot get 23 Esat or 26 East ( maybe using a weak transponder)

28.2 Signal 79% Quality 94%

28.5 Signal 75% Quality 45%

Cannot get any Sattelite outside of this

Hope this helps you to help me

jimmy

jimmyireland35

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Does any of this make sense :confused :confused :confused :confused

jimmyireland35 said:
Ok

I am getting confused myself so maybe no harm to take a snap shot of where I am ...

Motor set a zero and I have made sure that dish is square on pole I have turned the whole to to my southern most satellite which is 8 West. Getting a reading here of 79% Signal with 97% Quality
Move to 15 West Signal 73% Signal 60%
Cannot get anything outside of this.

On the eastern side

7 East Signal 78% Quality 98%

13 East Signal 76% Quality 97%

19.2 East Signal 81% Quality 97%

Cannot get 23 Esat or 26 East ( maybe using a weak transponder)

28.2 Signal 79% Quality 94%

28.5 Signal 75% Quality 45%

Cannot get any Sattelite outside of this

Hope this helps you to help me

jimmy

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
You should try moving the dish with the East/West buttons to try and find 30W, make sure that you choose a transponder with a good strong signal. For 28.5, try adding one of those transponders to 28.2, they are co-located, so the dish should hardly need moving.

claasi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
105 cm motor dish with 75E to 45 W - Openbox 820 CI
My Location
Germany- Munich
When I look at the last Sats you get E&W the signal is going down. Usually this is a indication that a motor is starting to run out of orbit. But the setup you describe sounds ok. Are you sure there is nothing in your way on both sides outside your range ? Tree, wall etc.

Perhaps there is some improvement on your dish evaluation. Go on 28,5 again and lift and drop the dish a bit and see if the signal improves. If not then the dish should fit. You could also test this with 30 west as suggested but only if you have usals because in case the dish evaluation is not perfect you will not get a signal by moving manually.

Tell me what does the scale on the motor show when you are on 28,5 degrees ? Does it show 41 degrees on the scale ?

Besides the position 28,5 was this a stored postion already in your receiver or did you store it there yourselve or looked for it manually?

PCD

DB Magician
Reaction score
jimmyireland35 said:
Ok

Motor set a zero and I have made sure that dish is square on pole I have turned the whole to to my southern most satellite which is 8 West.
jimmy

I assume you did the following, which is the starting procedure I normally use.

With the dish centred and fixed to the motor, the motor should be set to 8 deg west, and the whole (motor+dish fixed together) should be moved (rotated and up and down) to get a signal from the 8w sat. Regards, pcd.