DUVET

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
thats what i'm here for
My Location
The Bronx Belfast
hi

hope someone can help me.

at the min i have a 80cm dish pointing at hotbird to pick up art for last years premiership football, so now i've decided to switch to digitalb for this years premiership football, i have a 80cm dish, a humax 5400 reciver. and i'm located in Northern ireland.

what is needed for me to pick up digitalb at Eutelsat W-2 @ 16 east ?

the reciver has 2 Common Interface slots.

so do i need a Conax Cam ?

and the dish realigned ?

and the digitalb card ?

is that all i need or am i missing anything ?

all help welcomed.

thanks

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Hi,
If your receiver has not got a card reader with an embedded Conax cam or equivalent then Yes, you will need a Conax CAM.

Yes the dish will need to be re-aligned.

Yes, you will need a DigitalB card, 'super sports' I believe its called, and it costs from about £132 for 12 months.

One thing you may want to do, is to make sure that your dish is big enough.This can be done before subscribing by checking that you get a good enough signal quality on those channels.

DUVET

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
thats what i'm here for
My Location
The Bronx Belfast
Robbo71 said:
Hi,
If your receiver has not got a card reader with an embedded Conax cam or equivalent then Yes, you will need a Conax CAM.

Yes the dish will need to be re-aligned.

Yes, you will need a DigitalB card, 'super sports' I believe its called, and it costs from about £132 for 12 months.

One thing you may want to do, is to make sure that your dish is big enough.This can be done before subscribing by checking that you get a good enough signal quality on those channels.

how do you check if your getting a good enough signal on those channels ? sorry if its a daft question, i know very little about it if i'm honest.

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
First, you need to align the dish to 16E.

It's 3 degrees east and a bit lower than Hotbird.

(Mark your current position, so you can easily go back to it)

Then once you've confirmed that you can pick up some channels from 16E (consult Lyngsat)., Scan the transponder for the 'Super sports' on DigitalB, and check signal quality using the receiver's meter.

I can't get 16E on my dish as it's too small, so I could't tell you what transponder they're on.