P4 3GHZ,
GF6600SE,
WD80GB SATA
Maxtor 120GB

TM1000D, Fixed dish
My Location
London
Hi all.

I am complete newbie with satelite systems.
I have purchased Technomate 1000D but can watch only a few channels.
Error message is : No Audio/video and have checked all cables but no luck. All cables are new.

There are two dishes fixed at the end of the 2 floor building. (6 flats, using built in aerial socket)
Signal is great and can see all satelites like Hotbird, Astra1, Eutel.

Can anyone please tell me why is this error bugging mr 5 days since I got this receiver.

Thank you in advance

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
It is likely that the dish connected to your socket is for Sky digital at 28.2 East. You will see a signal strength for many satellites, but this is misleading, try scanning for Astra 28.2 . It isn't like a terrestrial aerial, you can only see one satellite at a time, unless there is some form of DiseqC switching between the two dishes.

PS. What channels can you actually see?

veljkos

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
P4 3GHZ,
GF6600SE,
WD80GB SATA
Maxtor 120GB

TM1000D, Fixed dish
My Location
London
rolfw said:
It is likely that the dish connected to your socket is for Sky digital at 28.2 East. You will see a signal strength for many satellites, but this is misleading, try scanning for Astra 28.2 . It isn't like a terrestrial aerial, you can only see one satellite at a time, unless there is some form of DiseqC switching between the two dishes.

PS. What channels can you actually see?

Hi,

Thank you for reply.
I am not sure about connection in socket, but when I moved in , instructions for satelite dish said that one dish is for Sky and other one can track Hotbird and so it shouldn't have proeblems with channels. When I try search I see many satelites( Thor 2/3, Astra 1, 3, Hotbird, Eutelsat and many others and I get . So I don't have any problems with search and all channels are showing, so don't think there is any missleading. I can receive many BBC channels ( I mean BBC 1 Regions, BBC three and four, Itv3, Horror channel, all those shopping channels, TV Joy. I am not sure how I can scan for Astra 28.2 but I can see Astra 1 and 3, so could you please help me how to scan for particullar satelite.

Thank you again

veljkos

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
P4 3GHZ,
GF6600SE,
WD80GB SATA
Maxtor 120GB

TM1000D, Fixed dish
My Location
London
Hi,

This is all sorted now. All I had to do was to DiseqC switchi between the two dishes.
In first place my Diseqc was off and that was reason for no audio/video. I have options off, 1,2,3,4 and when I changed that on all satelites there was no problem. Thank you again and keep up great work.

Regards,

Veljkos