Help needed with Canaal Digitaal Irdeto 2/Topfield system - No Dutch channels

ukrob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TF5000C1, Humax Foxsat
My Location
Essex, UK
Hi,

For 11 years I have been able to get the Dutch channels with various systems because I have family in Holland. I had a system with IRDETO 1 card and renewed this to IRDETO 2. My receiver died and I bought a Topfield 5000C1 with IRDETO CAM in Holland. The card was working in the shop in Holland and when I got home it worked for only 24 hours. Then I had no Dutch channels, only the free to air stuff. I tried re-activating the card online and it didn't work. I returned the receiver to Holland and it didn't work in the shop at first. After a couple of hours they managed to activate the card. I took it home and it worked for about 6 weeks. Now I have no Dutch channels again. The free to air channels still work. I tried re-positioning the dish and LNB to increase the signal, but I copuldn't improve it. The signal quality was 99% and 73%. I decided to change the LNB for a newer one and the signal improved to 99% with 77-78%. I reactivated again, but still no Dutch channels. The dealer says that there is nothing wrong with the receiver or card or combination of Topfiled/Irdeto 2. They say my system is at fault. However, I never had a problem like this before in 11 years. Do you have any idea what the problem might be and what I can do?

I would really appreciate some help. Thanks in advance.

Rob

frund

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
triax 1.1 tm 1500ci+ dm patch. Moteck 2100. Intel 4300 based pc . LG7500. 32" lcd
My Location
Wales. UK.
Looks like a back to the shop job. If you had another reciever or card then it would be easy its a bit like a pc problem if you have another to try it on easy. ~Signal strength would only need to be 50% or so. Sounds like the card.

ukrob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TF5000C1, Humax Foxsat
My Location
Essex, UK
The Dutch dealer claims otherwise, but I'm going to call him again. I told him that I never had a problem in 11 years and his answer was that I never had Irdeto2 before. Irdeto1 was no problem though. He claimed that there only had to be something slightly out with my system for the Irdeto 2 card to stop working. Apparently Canaal Digitaal sends a signal every 4-6 weeks and if the card doesn't pick up the signal you have to reactivate. That's the problem. Reactivating doesn't work. I've had this receiver for nearly 5 months and have only had 6 weeks of Dutch channels. It's not easy to keep taking the receiver and card from the UK to the Netherlands! I'm really fed up with it all!

Thanks anyway for your opinion.

Rob