Help needed with My Theatre & DiSEqC switch please

davie

Reaction score
I am running My Theatre with a ss2 card, I recently put up a second dish and bought a 2 way DiSEqC switch but I cant get it to work. Is there some settings in MT that I am missing? I have tried the DiSEqC settings in the menu but no luck. I don't think the switch is faulty as it seems to work with DVB Dream.
Thanks.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
What settings are you using in MT, and what satellites are you looking at?

davie

Reaction score
I am looking at Hispasat and hotbird, they both work fine when I connect the cable directly to the lnb but I get nothing using the switch, I can only get hotbird using the switch with DVB Dream but I'm not worried about that as I don't know how to unencrypt with that. I have tried the settings v1.1-lnb1 and 2 and simple 1 and 2.

Thanks Rolfw.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I know that this may sound obvious, but you need to make sure that you call the right satellite the right LNB number, also that you apply the setting. Have found that the MyTheatre DiseqC settings work well as a rule.

davie

Reaction score
I have tried calling them both 1 & 2 just to make sure and applied it but no luck, Think I might try reinstalling MT.

One more question, Is it possible to get encrypted channels using DVB Dream, I looked for a file MDPlugins but didn't find it.

Thanks again.

J

jma1

davie said:
One more question, Is it possible to get encrypted channels using DVB Dream, I looked for a file MDPlugins but didn't find it.

Thanks again.

Hi davie,

Just put Yankse & Softcam into the Plugins folder, easy as that :)

BTW: DVB Dream, looks like it could be the best software for DVB cards in the near future ;)

davie

Reaction score
Is there a plugin for DiSEqC 2 for My Theatre?
I got a new 2 way DiSEqC switch today and it is working with DVB Dream but not in MT I can't select DiSEqC 2 only DiSEqC v1.0 or Simple 1 & 2 which don't work with my switch.
Thanks.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Don't think that MT has DiseqC 2, what type of switch is it?