Help needed with optical sensor issue

lasbrisas17

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox 7020 with motorised 1.2M dish
My Location
Surrey UK
Folks, my beloved 1.2M reference dish motor seems to be playing up, it's a chaparral communications with an optical sensor. I am getting motor error on my echostar receiver and ERR2 on my vbox so don't think it's the positioner as I have tried 2 different ones. The error message on the vbox points to the sensor side of things and someone mentioned to me to clean the optical sensor but I don't have a clue where to find it. I need some suggestions before I go down the route of changing the motor to a Jaeger 1224 or something like it. Please see attachments piccies for a better description. Perhaps any FIBO experts may be able to help aswell as it uses a similar motor.

Attachments

• chaparral+motor.jpg
    chaparral+motor.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 35
  • dish+close.jpg
    dish+close.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 32

stocksie

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Echostar 2110
Technomate 5200D
Porty 2 S Crest SL65
1m H-H Lidl 80cm on TM2200
Lidl 40cm on Omnisat.
My Location
Plymouth UK
I doubt that the sensor will require cleaning as they are usually well covered. You
will need to get the electronics separated from the mechanics and fault find on the
PCB. Check that the 5v is OK. PM me if you like.

lasbrisas17

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox 7020 with motorised 1.2M dish
My Location
Surrey UK
stocksie said:
I doubt that the sensor will require cleaning as they are usually well covered. You
will need to get the electronics separated from the mechanics and fault find on the
PCB. Check that the 5v is OK. PM me if you like.

Thanks for the help, I'm not really upto the task of doing that as I can't handle heights and I know it's quite heavy. I guess I really need to get someone to have a look for me or to change the motor, if I can't get it fixed then I was thinking of the Jaeger 1224 motor as it's heavy duty. Trouble is finding a decent installer these days that knows what they are doing.