Help Needed!!!

mattwest

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky digital
My Location
wales
PLZ CAN YOU HELP I AM REALLY NEW TO ALL THIS. IM TRYIN TO SET UP A PACKAGE SO I CAN RECIEVE SOME GOOD PREMIERSHIP FOOTBALL. I HAVE JUST BOUGHT A Humax Vaci 5300 Satellite Receiver OF EBAY. CAN I USE MY SKY DIGITAL DISH TO PICK UP ART SPORTS OR ANY GOOD CHANNELS WHICH SHOW THE FOOTIE?

ALSO I HAVE A OLD ANALOGUE 60CM DISH COULD I PUT THE LNB OF THE SKY DISH ONTO THE ANALOGUE DISH?

PLZ COULD SOME1 HELP ME:-googly

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Before I answer your question, could you please not post all in caps, it is considered to be shouting.

You need to get a new LNB (universal) for your old 60cm dish and then point it at 13E Hotbird, you can buy ART cards from at least one of our advertisers at the top of the forum.

mattwest

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky digital
My Location
wales
sorry for the caps b4. i didnt realise, im really new all this. thank for the info.

eghamhigh

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
echostar 808 2CI
Matrix Reloaded Cam
Fixed dish 13E
My Location
Surrey/Berks Border
You could try pointing your old analogue dish and LNB at 13E -sometimes you find that the lnb is already a universal one. (I found that was the case with mine).

To line up the dish at 13E observe the position of your Sky dish; it is facing 19.2 degrees east. This makes finding 13E east much easier.

If you have an old analogue receiver, use that to align the dish as it responds much quicker than the digital receiver where you have to hold the dish in one place for 30 seconds or so until it responds. I believe that there are still a few analogue transmissions on Hotbird. If you search around on this site you will find that there is a installation section that will give you good advice on how to set up a dish etc

mattwest

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky digital
My Location
wales
thanks for takin the time to reply.

mattwest

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky digital
My Location
wales
will i be able to pick up the signal for art sports on a 60cm dish with universal LNB?

is art sports on 13' east?

:-tree

eghamhigh

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
echostar 808 2CI
Matrix Reloaded Cam
Fixed dish 13E
My Location
Surrey/Berks Border
If Rolfw says ARTE in on 13E then it is (he posted to your thread above). A 60cm dish is a little on the small side (should really be 80cm) but I think that as your location is Wales you may manage it. Do a search on some of the posts by Closetosoton as he has experimented with small dishes (last year)

Also here is the address of analoguesat (one of the moderators site) where someone details his experience of setting up a caravan dish (for analogue but same procedure as digital) - good to give you an idea what's involved

http://www.selkirkshire.demon.co.uk/analoguesat/windowdish.html

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
mattwest said:
will i be able to pick up the signal for art sports on a 60cm dish with universal LNB?
is art sports on 13' east?

Yes - It's on a wide beam _http://www.eutelsat.com/satellites/13ehb2-4_popd.html

Yes - Hotbird 2 @ 13 East

eghamhigh

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
echostar 808 2CI
Matrix Reloaded Cam
Fixed dish 13E
My Location
Surrey/Berks Border

mattwest

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky digital
My Location
wales
thanks m8. i dont know much bout all this. i put up the old analogue systems in the past (years ago).

thanks 4 the info:-Cbigsmil

mattwest

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky digital
My Location
wales
if i was to buy a monobloc lnb (4 astra and hotbird)
will i be able to use it on a 60cm dish?

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
If you want to use a mono bloc you would be better off with an 80cm dish - extra signal collection on the offset lnb.