Help needed

Lager Drinker

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky Digital
My Location
UK
Hi,
this has probably been asked before, if so i apologise.

My girlfriend lives in France and currently has an analogue system picking up the astra satellite at 19 degrees (i think ;-)

Is it possible to use her current equipment to pick up channels from sky digital. I realise the dish will need realigning but will the current lnb and box work or will one or both need replacing.

Thanks very much,
James.

4dbennett

lifes not a practice run
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SPIDERBOX 9000HD, 1.2 and Humax Foxsat HD,Hitachi L500HDD
Acer Aspire 5315 Lappy
My Location
torfaen south wales
Lager Drinker said:
Hi,
this has probably been asked before, if so i apologise.

My girlfriend lives in France and currently has an analogue system picking up the astra satellite at 19 degrees (i think ;-)

Is it possible to use her current equipment to pick up channels from sky digital. I realise the dish will need realigning but will the current lnb and box work or will one or both need replacing.

Thanks very much,
James.

What equipment has she got m8

deep joy dave

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Lager Drinker said:

An analogue box will definitely 100% not work for Sky digital of that I am sure, the lnb is probably best changed anyhow as they do not last for ever and it may not be a true wide band lnb it is probably best to start again including new cabling.

By the way James welcome to the forum:)

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
new lnb, cable, sky receiver required and realigning to 28 degrees east

if its analogue could be pointing at 5west for the french channels