help needed

b2.

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
bulk standard sky plus with multi room. laptop.
My Location
hampshire
i asked this q a couple of days ago. freind bought a silvercrest 57cm dish and decoder from lidl's. got all english channels but no german ones. need german channels. on the set top installation menu. tp scan i have got the 19.2e sattelite up with 80% strength and 60% quality. all german channels say no signal!!! desperatly need help

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Did you move the dish as per our replies in this thread?

b2.

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
hampshire
Yes mate the only signal i picked up was the original one. all the other signals on the tp scan were reading 36 str 11 qua. definatly pointing the right way according to the decocer. the only 2 sats picking up sig were 28.2e and 19.2e could it be equipment problems.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Are you still receiving any English channels, if not, what channels can you actually see?

b2.

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
hampshire
the only place i can actually receive channnels is the original p[lace the dish started. as with the previous message moved dish 9 degrees higher and west nothing. do you know this set top. is there a setting i'm missing. back to previous message tp scan on 19.2e says 80% sig str, 60% qua. how far west are we talking. your help is most appreciated.........have you ever heard a german argument, not nice!

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
If the dish is back where it was with the English channels, then it will not pick up the German channels. Dishes need to be setup to within a degree of the satellite, you need to move them slowly whilst monitoring the signal strength and quality on the receiver.

b2.

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
hampshire
sorry blue dont mean to sound like an ametuer. tried to move dish in small incriments from 9 degrees higher than original setting. got nothing. is that 9 degrees on the sat dish arm measurement its self. probably total muppet. this is all new.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
It is 9 degrees to the West and a little higher, only a couple of degrees.

b2.

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
hampshire
got it completly wrong.gone 9 degrees higher. still doesnt quite explain why on decoder it says alls ok. on the decoder it asks for paticular sat. put it on 19.2e like said sig levels are fine. doesnt mke sense

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Forget the signal level, it is very inaccurate on many receivers, just go by quality.

b2.

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
hampshire
will do. thanks, try again.

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
I guess it's a Silvercrest SL-65...

As rolfw says, ignore the signal meter on this box as it'll say it has a signal even when it doesn't!!! I use a cheap in-line signal meter with my SL-65 as that's more effective than the box's own meters... :)