Help newbie numpty

Nige1972

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SKY+, Freesat, Technomate 3500.
My Location
Essex
I cant find anything in menus regarding deleting channels/or positions. They seem to be all preset and I can only hide or unhide in menus but no deleting. Ive done several factory resets. After a reset all the sat postions are unhighlighted so I go though and highlight the positon im on at the time (at the mo 28.2) and seach that position for all frequencys/channels. They show in search bar and when its finished I exit to view channels and usually after a factory rest all the itvs,ch4`s and film 4 men&motors are all present. If I turn box of into standby and turn back on again it it goes back to language setting-clock setting etc etc and the sat positions are all unhighlighted. So I unhighlight 28.2 but most of channels are gone? Im convinced that its faulty but not having another to compare will never know. If I add another position (tried 28.5) it searches ONE frequency (think its 11070 or something similar and tells me no channles found. Im wondering if my factory reset has deleted some configurations that have been updated to the receiver over the years or its just plain faulty.

Nige1972

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Essex
I cant find anything in menus regarding deleting channels/or positions. They seem to be all preset and I can only hide or unhide in menus but no deleting. Ive done several factory resets. After a reset all the sat postions are unhighlighted so I go though and highlight the positon im on at the time (at the mo 28.2) and seach that position for all frequencys/channels. They show in search bar and when its finished I exit to view channels and usually after a factory rest all the itvs,ch4`s and film 4 men&motors are all present. If I turn box of into standby and turn back on again it it goes back to language setting-clock setting etc etc and the sat positions are all unhighlighted. So I unhighlight 28.2 but most of channels are gone? Im convinced that its faulty but not having another to compare will never know. If I add another position (tried 28.5) it searches ONE frequency (think its 11070 or something similar and tells me no channles found. Im wondering if my factory reset has deleted some configurations that have been updated to the receiver over the years or its just plain faulty.

Nige1972

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Essex
Yes satelliteman, thanks you were right. Took receiver off to tv engineer I used to work with as he`s quite into his satellite and he couldnt get it to work right or know what was wrong with it so after all that hassle it seems I was sold a dodgy box..I will learn one day. So that goes in bin and just got a nice new techomate 3150 and its the nuts compared to that old relic..cheers..

Nige1972

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Essex
Yes satelliteman, thanks you were right. Took receiver off to tv engineer I used to work with as he`s quite into his satellite and he couldnt get it to work right or know what was wrong with it so after all that hassle it seems I was sold a dodgy box..I will learn one day. So that goes in bin and just got a nice new techomate 3150 and its the nuts compared to that old relic..cheers..

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Nige1972 said:

Did he consider degradation of PSU Smoothing Capacitors, as I mentioned earlier up the Thread?

It isn't uncommon and yet is potentially very easily rectified (little techy pun, there ;))

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Nige1972 said:

Did he consider degradation of PSU Smoothing Capacitors, as I mentioned earlier up the Thread?

It isn't uncommon and yet is potentially very easily rectified (little techy pun, there ;))

Nige1972

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Essex
Yes, I did mention to him what you said about capacitors having dried out and he agreed its possible but gave me a that look which I took to mean if I wasnt paying then he wouldnt bother looking so I left it at that;)

Nige1972

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Essex
Yes, I did mention to him what you said about capacitors having dried out and he agreed its possible but gave me a that look which I took to mean if I wasnt paying then he wouldnt bother looking so I left it at that;)

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Ha!

Pity.

You could probably do it yourself for very little cost, if you have a soldering iron.

But sometimes, the WPB is the path of least resistance.

Time to amend your User Profile?

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Ha!

Pity.

You could probably do it yourself for very little cost, if you have a soldering iron.

Time to amend your User Profile?

Nige1972

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Essex
Tivù said:
Ha!

I had to google that;)

Have soldering iron to hand and if it can be repaired Id give it a shot if I knew where to look:)

Nige1972

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Essex
Tivù said:
Ha!

I had to google that;)

Have soldering iron to hand and if it can be repaired Id give it a shot if I knew where to look:)

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
With the low price of entry level receivers, don't think it's even worth considering...

One of the reasons I left the TV, VCR repair industry... throw away trade.

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
With the low price of entry level receivers, don't think it's even worth considering...

One of the reasons I left the TV, VCR repair industry... throw away trade.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
I can tell you've never been to Yorkshire, SM .......................

We are an offshoot off the Wombling Clans.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
I can tell you've never been to Yorkshire, SM .......................

We are an offshoot off the Wombling Clans.