Help newbie numpty

Nige1972

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SKY+, Freesat, Technomate 3500.
My Location
Essex
Howdy, just got myself an old force master 1122s receiver to play with and being a bit of a newbie to anything other than 28.2 ive got myself a bit stuck. It came loaded with all the sat positions you could think of but connecting it to my mini dish I couldnt find any channels apart from thor 1.0 w (and as my dish is still at 28.2 , no sat signal)I decided to start from scratch and reset the receiver to factory spec. Concequnetly ive managed to get it showing me some channels(not all @28.2) but noticed that in the position line up a lot of sats are missing including 28.5 and I havent a clue how to get them back. Have i lost them forever because ive lost the upgrades that have been done over the years and can I get them back? I notice to upgrade the receiver the dish needs to be pointing @19.0e or thor 1.0w so if I do this will it sort out my problem? Much appreciate any help:confused

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Have you a fixed or motor set up as it's not been made clear in your post?

Nige1972

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Essex
sorry, fixed. Just using the sky minidish at 28.2 at the mo. Ok inputed eurobird at 28.5 manually and during the search I noticed all the itvs came up but when it had completed I havent a clue where to find them:confused I thought they would be added to the channel list but theyre not. So went and tried a manual search again and it quickly searches 11.020h the 11.020v and thats it. Im losing the will to live here lol. Im sure its something simple but its baffling me.

Nige1972

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Essex
when I do a search I can see all the channels there but when its finished I can find them. When I go into the frequency list theres nohing below 10.729. Cant see and itvs,channel 4, etc

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Nige1972 said:
when I do a search I can see all the channels there but when its finished I can find them. When I go into the frequency list theres nohing below 10.729. Cant see and itvs,channel 4, etc

Well there is only 10714H below that and that is Channel4 film 4 etc.
ITV is 10758V

see _http://www.lyngsat.com/28east.html

Nige1972

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Essex
Right somehow ive sorted it but not sure how I done it. Couple of questions left..Thought channel 5 was fta? Receiver tells me its scrambled:confused and how do I turn these bloody subtitles off. If I press `0` I have the option to remove but if I change chanel and then change back they return:confused:confused

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
There is a Free To Air channel five as well. 10773 H You should be able to turn of subtitles in the menu.

Nige1972

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Essex
checked everywhere to turn subbies off no joy and def ch5 fta missing.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Have you scanned 10773 H? You may need to add the frequency.

Nige1972

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Essex
Thanks for yor input mate. Yep manually scanned or inputed the frequency and nothing. Although there I notice theres a few bbc channels that come through on that signal. I think im gonna launch the box anyway. One minute the itv, channel 4 pictures are there the next their not and every time I scan 28.2 I can see them show up but cant find them after that. If I turn the box off then back on it does a reset and I have to go back into menu and highlight 28.2 to get the channels back. I dont know if its a combination of crap box or me not 100% sure that im tuning it right? Gonna stick a dish on pole and set up 19 astra today and see if I can update the box to see if that sorts it...hopefully)(-red

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
The channel memory may be full, a factory reset may enable full scanning of the satellite.

Nige1972

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Essex
Ive done a factory reset about 10 times now lol. Wierd things are happening now. Set up a pole mounted dish so I can swing it about and lined it to astra 19.2. Reset receiver and scanned channels in of which it found quite a few but no signal on each and every one. Done a rescan and its found bugger all channels as though the dish isnt set but ive got a signal at the receiver end so really cant figure it out now. Also it wont let me update the box on 19.2 I presume because no signal reading. What could I possibely be doing wrong?

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Do the Channel names correspond with the 19.2E listings?

Can you list two or three that appear to be listed and showing signal but you can't view?

The thing is, your Dish might not actually be on 19.2E ...... If you are pointing at another Satellite but scan the "Satellite" labelled 19.2E/Astra1 this is the sort of misleading result you will get (Due to the fact hat frequencies and other parameters are re-used even on adjacent Satellites).

davemurgtroyd

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Oxford
I have one of these receivers and it is an excellent receiver although I do not at present use it.

You will not update it over the air, Force stopped supporting it several years ago. All this means is you will have to update the transponder lists manually now as you have done a factory reset the stored lists are probably at least 7 or 8 years out of date

Nige1972

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Essex
We have success:) Not sure how or why. Fine tuned the dish and made sure the patio mount was 100% horizontal (which is wasnt) and low and behold after another reset and retune I have all channel @ 19.2. No update as mentioned above so then moved dish to 28.2 and found all the channels that I was missing. Thought id push my luck and added 10.773 and id 6335 and low and behold we now have channel 5:):) The receiver also seems to switch on ok now without going to the installation screen when its turned back on again. Many thanks for all the above help. Tomorrow im gonna try for hotbird @13 and if all goes ok then i can set it up for a friend whos missing the tvei Spanish channel from the sky lineup.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Well done indeed!

I wonder if some of the issues you've been having might have been due to less than tip-top condition Power Supply Smoothing Capacitors which have recovered now that you've been using it a fair bit. This is not an unknown phenomenon with older boxes brought back into use, so if in future you start getting "funnies", bear that in mind.

Nige1972

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Essex
Update: box is getting thrown in bin..done my head in all week )(-red
Do a retune and I can see all the channels comeing through during search but most of them missing when you got to the found channels screen. all itvs,channel 4/film 4 etc. If it does show all the missing channels when I turn the box off then back on it resets itself and theyre all missing again..getting partial refund from seller and wasted too much time thinking I was doing something wrong with it.'O'-red

Nige1972

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Essex
Update: box is getting thrown in bin..done my head in all week )(-red
Do a retune and I can see all the channels comeing through during search but most of them missing when you got to the found channels screen. all itvs,channel 4/film 4 etc. If it does show all the missing channels when I turn the box off then back on it resets itself and theyre all missing again..getting partial refund from seller and wasted too much time thinking I was doing something wrong with it.'O'-red

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Well, it could of course just be a faulty receiver. Assume you've checked the channel memory storage is not full.

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Well, it could of course just be a faulty receiver. Assume you've checked the channel memory storage is not full.