Help no bbc or itv on fortec start passion hd receiver

maggienoodles

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Daewoo HD ready tv, fortec star passion hd sat receiver,fortec star FSKUVN universal single lnb -hd ready, 60 cm sat dish
My Location
Paisley, Scotland
I have just purchased the system available from maplin, i am receiving some of the free to air channels available on free sat but no bbc channels- regional or hd, only two itv channels - itv anglia south i think, or itv tyne tees- incidently i am in socltand and would like stv, basically in hte signal bar it comes up with no signal.

I did get itv hd at some point today but it said there was no content. Then after re scanning trying to get other channels it disapperead. Have upgraded the firmware and therefore uploaded all of the new info for channel fours and fives etc but no signal for them either. I also tried inputting the video pid and audio pid for BBC HD from a different post- it recognises it, comes up with good signal quality etc but says no video or audio. Can anyone help? please :-)

thecaretaker

Reaction score
Website
www.thecaretakers.net
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Ultimo, Duo2
85cm Fracarro Penta dish
Inverto BLACK Ultra QUAD
My Location
South East Coast, England
What channels can you get m8 and more to the point, what kind of signal and quality readings do you get?

How many channels have you got so far?

Sounds like your Passion is not getting a clean signal. Have you checked all your connections?

You should be OK with that 60cm dish.

maggienoodles

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Daewoo HD ready tv, fortec star passion hd sat receiver,fortec star FSKUVN universal single lnb -hd ready, 60 cm sat dish
My Location
Paisley, Scotland
I have about 50 percent reading on the quality of signal and 65 percent on the signal itself. The person who put the dish up said that he had tuned it into the satelite and that he had known people with less to get all the channels. There could be a possibility that the dish needs to be a bit higher.

In the channel list there are 750 channels approx-including all the pay to view channels and all the free to view channles however i am not reciving a channel m8. I am receiving about 200 roughly.. most are music channels, asian channels, shopping , luxe hd and itv hd- adult channles, gambling and in terms of freeview only four channles- itv1, itv2 +1, itv streaming ( not much use).

I suppose the next step would be to try the dish in a different place as it may not have a complete clear path- possibly hitting the tops of trees? I will give this a go and see if it makes a difference. Thanks for your suggestions.

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK