Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax HD Freesat
Gibertini 150 cm dish for Astra 2D.
Technomate TM-1500 CI+ viewing Astra 2, Astra 1 and Hotbird
Sky receiver for FTV channels.
My Location
Copenhagen - Denmark
I have two receivers, the Panasonic 30 works fine, the Pace 2500 shows no satellite signal is being received.
The receiver was switched off for a week or so, when I turned it on it found all the channels and then they disapeared. Everything has been checked, cable and dish etc. There is a signal strength reading but no quality. I have tried rebooting many times and have left it on for two days to no avail.... HELP!

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Hi Expat,

Good update on the 2d reception by the way.

You could try checking that all of the settings are still correct in the services, if you're just swapping the two boxes around, and you're still getting a signal strength reading, it probably means that your tuner and power supply are OK (Probably! has been known to manifest good signal when broken).

It may be the 22Khz tone switching that is not working, you can check this by using both receivers on a two way splitter, but with the lnb power switched off on one of the receivers (you will need a splitter with a dc pass.).

Always very difficult to trouble shoot when not having access to the unit.

Rolf

zansi

Moderator & General Globetrotter
Reaction score
Website
digiboxes.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
Openbox F3 85cm dish H to H motor, Dell Vostro Laptop
My Location
North West UK
2500's are known for failure of the "zif" tuner, a repair service is offered by http://www.mces.co.uk or http://www.pacelink.co.uk

I have used both and found them reliable.

zansi

Expat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax HD Freesat
Gibertini 150 cm dish for Astra 2D.
Technomate TM-1500 CI+ viewing Astra 2, Astra 1 and Hotbird
Sky receiver for FTV channels.
My Location
Copenhagen - Denmark
Thanks for the info, the machine is still under guarentee so I sent it back to be fixed.