Help on a second box set up

briripper

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky digi
My Location
uk staffs
Hi all
hope someone out there can help me with the probloms i have in tryimg to set up a second box.
I have got my hands on an old box now the only channels i can got on this is the free bbc channels which is okay at the moment as i want to put it in my sons room and he only watches cbebies. I thought it would be simple to set up as i have seen on ebay some two way splitters for digitel transmissions so i brought one plugeg it staight into the dish and run some cable to my sons room and set the box up all was going well till i went downstairs to see that i had no reception on the main box as soon as i turn the second box off at the wall or disconect the lead from the back the main box fires up again I'm guesing that the signal is not strong engnoth to feed two boxes so is there any way of boosting the signal? or am I just miles off the mark it seems strange that which ever way i conect it up to the splitter or order the box in my sons room always takes the signal this has got the longest lead and also has a join in it if that has anything to do with it.
I live in the midlands UK and have the standard sky set up but am trying to set up a second box.
If anyone can help me solve this problom many thanks as i am very new to working with dishes etc
one last thing if i do get this up and running is there any way of me getting all the free to view channels through this set up .
Thanks in advance a newbie

thomaz

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox 500 1meter dish motor advent 7017 laptop
My Location
s.o.t
hi mate what i have on mine is a lnb with 2 out lets on it so you can connect two cables straight from it you can get them with 4 outlets also... the 2 outlet are about 12pounds off ebay go to bay and type lnb

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
It probably isn't to do with signal strength, but with the two boxes conflicting with each other, one will perhaps be on horizontal and the other vertical. As thomaz says, get yourself a quad LNB from ebay, they can be had for around £20 and will solve your problem when you connect to the other digibox, you are also then ready for Sky+ if you decide to go that way. :)