Help on Dual LNB

mal

Reaction score
Hi,
I am relative newbie to this stuff, my Pace500 has recentley blown and I wish to replace it, I am thinking about a Technomate 5500 CPI. I currently have a Panasonic Digibox , 80cm dish, one analogue lnb and a universal lnb on an extension bracket. I also want to replace both lnbs and put a centrally atatched dual lnb in, any suggestions?

Mal

PS I am in the midlands.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
If you are referring to a monobloc 2 sat LNB, then that will be able to feed the Technomate, but not the digibox, also you might consider the Technomate 5500DACI which will run a DiseqC switch or DiseqC motor.

mal

Reaction score
Hi Rolfe,
Thanks for the quick reply. I was looking at the 5500 CIP because it stated that it would drive a 35 volt motor, the same as my pace500 did, I forgot to mention that I have a motorised system :) I used the pace to move to hotbird, analogue, and then the offset lnb was picking up rai uno which I tought wase from the digital on hotbird. Would I still be able to do this if I scrap the LNBs and put a dual lnb in. It would make it a lot easier to position the dish.

mal

Reaction score
Also are there any recomendations or installer lists you could point me to, that would carry out the installation of the lnb for me.
Thanks,

Mal

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Hi Mal, still trying to grasp what you are trying to achieve here, if you are trying to incorporate the Sky digibox in the motorised setup, I would advise against it, as it will be more reliable to set it up with its own minidish.

Then all you would need would be a single output LNB for the digital receiver on your motorised dish. Also, a monobloc LNB would give you no real advantage, as it only has a single output which needs to be controlled by the
technomate.

mal

Reaction score
Hi Rolf,
My setup at the moment consists of an 80cm dish with two lnb on a bracket, one is analogue which was the original lnb and was atatched to the defunct Pace500 which controlled the motor on the dish, and the second one is the universal lnb which is atatched to the digibox. I was using the Pace to position the dish in order to get RAI Uno and then move it back to 28e for Sky viewing.
I do not really use the analogue lnb, except for positiong the dish via the Pace Box, I thought that as the Pace box was dead I would replace it with the technomate, and at the same time scrap both lnb's and replace with a dual lnb centred in the middle of the dish, making it easier to position the dish for digital channels which I was using the sky box for. What I want to do is be able to get my sky signal to the digibox, without an extra dish, and also roam the sky for fta Italian channels, I think :)
Any help on decent twin lnbs or installers in my area, Coventry, would be much appreciated.
Thanks very much for your previous replies. Hope this explains what I am trying to do.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
OK, sorry, I think I see what you are after, still not a good idea to have the Sky feed from the steerable dish, but if you've been doing it for a while, then what the heck. :)

Get your self an MTI twin or quad LNB, either that or an Invacom quad, they are considered to be among the best around. You can get them from www.cpc.co.uk or one of several E-tailers.

Afraid that i don't know any installers in your area, but to be quite honest, if your dish is already alligned, then you can do it yourself fairly easily.

mal

Reaction score
Thanks Rolf, will look into the web pages you have given. Appreciate the info.