Help on DVB dream

Status
Not open for further replies.

aikon0029

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
CPU Intel® Pentium® 4 640 Prescott (3.20 Ghz)
Memory 1024 MB DDR RAM - (2x 512 MB - PC3200)
Motherboard ECS 915P-M3
Hard Drive 300GB Maxtor DiamondMax SATA 6B300S0 Skystar 2 usb 1.1mtr steerable dish Manhattan XT[CM, Quali 1080ir
My Location
London [South East]
When I installed the DVB dream, I downloaded the tutorial from a link given to me by Bronking. I noticed in various info that DVB dream does not like the Technisat 4.3.0 drivers and works better with the older versions 4.2.8 or 4.2.10. I downloaded the 4.2.8 version together with K-Lite codec pack v2.7.0.0 and installed them. Previously before that I had done a search and although channels downloaded I did not get video or audio for obvious reasons. I then did a search on Telstar 12 @ 15w I then received video and audio, but it kept freezing or nothing. I then decided to try Hotbird @13 e which would be a long job anyway.However when I checked later [ much later] frequencies had been downloaded but not a single channel. My 1mtr dish is definitely on 13e as I checked with my sat receivers and I had pictures and sound, with 98 % signal. I keep reading through the tutorial, but cannot seem to grasp where I have gone wrong. And one last question can S2emu be used with DVB dream ? If any current users of DVB dream can help me, it would be very much appreciated, thanks guys:confused

Sir Bronking

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
medion
pentium4 3.2ghz
progdvb
skystar2 rev2.3
1mtr dish & jaeger 99G 36v motor, with a superjack DP-6600. dvb-t aswell,in the process of setting up
My Location
cheshire,algeria
sorry m8, ive a quick play with this. and to be honest i don't think it's as good as progdvb (which you said didn't suit you, why?)
i installed it and scanned hippysat which took over 5mins and then didn't pick anything up (and i know for certain that's where the dish is pointing) so maybe with abit of tweaking the software ide get it setup better, but over 5mins for scanning is to slow so i wont bother.
if you look at poll results on this forum progdvb has over 60% of the vote compared to 13% for dvbdream that alone should tell you something.
please consider going back to progdvb, and ask questions freely, you know the guy's here are only too willing to help:) if you put the work in

good luck

aikon0029

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Motherboard ECS 915P-M3
Hard Drive 300GB Maxtor DiamondMax SATA 6B300S0 Skystar 2 usb 1.1mtr steerable dish Manhattan XT[CM, Quali 1080ir
My Location
London [South East]
bronking said:
sorry m8, ive a quick play with this. and to be honest i don't think it's as good as progdvb (which you said didn't suit you, why?)
i installed it and scanned hippysat which took over 5mins and then didn't pick anything up (and i know for certain that's where the dish is pointing) so maybe with abit of tweaking the software ide get it setup better, but over 5mins for scanning is to slow so i wont bother.
if you look at poll results on this forum progdvb has over 60% of the vote compared to 13% for dvbdream that alone should tell you something.
please consider going back to progdvb, and ask questions freely, you know the guy's here are only too willing to help:) if you put the work in

good luck
Thank you for your reply, the only reason I tried DVB dream is because I could not getmy head round the installation on progdvb, although you were kind enough to give me you unpacked version when you first installed it, but one of the problems I experienced with progdvb was that when you wanted to add a file which you had to drop into the root directory was that it would not work for me, also everytime I wanted to launch progdvbI have to go into the progdvb file and click on progdvb exe which then brings up progdvb, enabling me to then search for channels, but have to do this everytime I want to access progdvb as it will not stay on my screen as an icon. Also when you want to search for a paticular frequency I put the freq in as Khz as it is the only way [ I think you can do it] but it will not search. I had limited success when it was installed at 30w when I was able to view Disney, Fox, and Fox Life, then I clicked on other channels only to lose everything, and having to load the whole thing again as described previously. I always read the other posts on here to see if I can get any idea as to where I go wrong as I feel I am imposing on members and being a complete plonk at not being able to sort it all out. Like when you download S----u zip you have to open it and drop the file into the root directory. I cannot copy and paste as in the Winrar which the file is downloaded will not allow me to do this. How on earth do I get the file into the root directory. I feel I am missing out on so much, and most of all have not got a clue on accessing 4.2.2 channels which I really need to do. I expect there are members who will read this and think " The guy must be a complete idiot and does not understand a thing we tell Him " quite true as well. However I would like to give it another go, as unfortunately I cannot afford to purchase an item like a Quali tv receiver, and chose the usb version of SS2 as I did not want to install the board version in my pc. There are so many knowledgeable people on this board and to them its like so easy, and I read all the info posted so as not to get peoples back up by asking and asking again and going over questions that members have answered time and time again. So if there is a way to give me the info bit by bit to install and get everything up and running once and for all, I would be gratefully thankfull. Thank you for your time in reading all this.:confused

Sir Bronking

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
medion
pentium4 3.2ghz
progdvb
skystar2 rev2.3
1mtr dish & jaeger 99G 36v motor, with a superjack DP-6600. dvb-t aswell,in the process of setting up
My Location
cheshire,algeria
pick a time (not tonight, darts) (and not when mancity are playing) and i'm sure with the help of a few esteemed members we'll get it sorted bit by bit:)

Sir Bronking

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
medion
pentium4 3.2ghz
progdvb
skystar2 rev2.3
My Location
cheshire,algeria
:D in the mean time chill out

aikon0029

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Motherboard ECS 915P-M3
My Location
London [South East]
bronking said:
:D in the mean time chill out
Thank you once again for your prompt reply, waiting is no problem, I would sooner wait and get it right with help, enjoy the arrows:)

Sir Bronking

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
medion
pentium4 3.2ghz
progdvb
skystar2 rev2.3
My Location
cheshire,algeria
post a time then:)

aikon0029

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Motherboard ECS 915P-M3
My Location
London [South East]
bronking said:
post a time then:)
Thank you for your reply, would 8.00pm Monday be ok or if you have another time in mind, as I am willing to fit in wherever convenient. I have to download the dvbdream prog again as I want to start clean again, which version should I download? obviously my SS2 software is already installed thanks.

Sir Bronking

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
medion
pentium4 3.2ghz
progdvb
skystar2 rev2.3
My Location
cheshire,algeria
aikon0029 said:
Thank you for your reply, would 8.00pm Monday be ok or if you have another time in mind, as I am willing to fit in wherever convenient. I have to download the dvbdream prog again as I want to start clean again, which version should I download? obviously my SS2 software is already installed thanks.

sorry darts mon, sometimes wed, thurs (won last night:D team lost 5-3:mad:) and whenever city play,
available tonight, sat,sun,tues.

dvbdream? i thought we were going for prog dvb

what version ss2 software/driver?

oh, and when your ready start a new thread entitled:
aikon0029 diary progdvb ( that way someone searching dvb dream won't go down a blind alley:eek: :( :mad: 'O'-red

aikon0029

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Motherboard ECS 915P-M3
My Location
London [South East]
bronking said:
sorry darts mon, sometimes wed, thurs (won last night:D team lost 5-3:mad:) and whenever city play,
available tonight, sat,sun,tues.

dvbdream? i thought we were going for prog dvb

what version ss2 software/driver?

oh, and when your ready start a new thread entitled:
aikon0029 diary progdvb ( that way someone searching dvb dream won't go down a blind alley:eek: :( :mad: 'O'-red
Apologies for my late reply but I have had problems with my pc, I did mean to say download progdvb again [ not dream] I cannot find the properties on the installed ss2 to show what drivers are installed [ probably messed that up as well ] the version is 4.3.0 The files are in a bin file which is probably not right, but either it is my inability to get anything right or my pc is not deleting all the file from the previous installation of ss2 although I use the correct removal proceedure. I do appreciate your patience. I think this problem with the installation of ss2 maybe wrong,

Sir Bronking

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
medion
pentium4 3.2ghz
progdvb
skystar2 rev2.3
My Location
cheshire,algeria
1: contol panel>system>device manager> network adaptors> click on your card (see piccy of mine) click on drivers. what does it say?

2: what time?

3: post your replies on a postca....no sorry thinking of something else.:-doh!:-rofl2
start a new thread/post with your answers, i'll ask one of the mod's to close this thread now.

aikon0029

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Motherboard ECS 915P-M3
My Location
London [South East]
bronking said:
1: contol panel>system>device manager> network adaptors> click on your card (see piccy of mine) click on drivers. what does it say?

2: what time?

3: post your replies on a postca....no sorry thinking of something else.:-doh!:-rofl2
start a new thread/post with your answers, i'll ask one of the mod's to close this thread now.
Thanks driver v 4.3.0.999 before we start what version progdvb should I download, then should I start new thread aikon0029 diary progdvb ?

Sir Bronking

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
medion
pentium4 3.2ghz
progdvb
skystar2 rev2.3
My Location
cheshire,algeria
latest progdvb 4.72.1 and lets see how we go and yes

Lancelot

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SS1.
125cm Gibbi with Channelmaster feedhorn and Inverto C120 twin.
36v H to H 62E - 61.5W
My Location
South central
That'll be fine :-righton

ProgDvb 4.6.2 is OK for one of the later ones.

By mutual consent then....

Status
Not open for further replies.