Help on LBNF lable

kav4

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Accessing NSS6 satellite
Having P4 2.8GHz computer
My Location
Sri Lanka
In my LBNF, the lable says the followings. Please explain me what are they means. I'm tatally new to this

Eurostar LP-8
Universal Ku band LBNF

Input Freq : 10.7-11.7/11.7-12.75 Ghz
L.O. Freq. : 9.75/10.6 GHz
Band switching : 0/22 kHz Low/High Band
Output Freq : 950-2150 MHz
Polarity Swutching : Ver - 14V/ Hor - 18V
Noice figure : 0.5 dB

Also when I try to add a channel the menu there is an item called "LNB Freq". What is that means & what valutes I have to put there?

Also channel adding menu has following fields too. What to put on them?

22K (Have to select 'on' or 'off')
12V (Have to select 'on' or 'off')

What they means & do I have to select 'on' or 'off' for them individually?

Please help on this. My email is ********@yahoo.com if someone wanna email me & help.

thanks
:-hny :-bigsanta :-snowman

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Your LNB is a Universal as it says. For the setup menus, if there isn't an option of Universal (there normally is), then you need to set the local oscillators to Low Band 9750 and High Band 10600.

The 22Khz switch should normally be off or auto, if no auto option then off, the 12v should be off as well. :)

In the Add channel menu, the frequency probably refers to the transponder frequency, these are listed at sites like www.lyngsat.com

PS. We don't send Emails in reply to questions, as this is a forum and answers given can then help other members as well. :)

kav4

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Accessing NSS6 satellite
Having P4 2.8GHz computer
My Location
Sri Lanka
Ok Rolf thanks for your reply.
One more help if it's posible,
when I move my Dish to get a signel from another satellite, how do I know there's a signal coming or it's correctly aiming to a satellite? Because there's no channel I can tune before I get the signal from that satellite right?
Without a channel, how can I know a signal coming? What is the best way to aim the dish to the satellite?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
A small audio tone or swinging needle meter is a cheap but easy way of finding satellites, you can normally make a good guess as to which one you are pointing at, by the distance you have moved the dish from a known satellite.

When you find a satellite, take a guess at which one and scan a single transponder, you can select one from the Lyngsat site I posted above. :)