HELP on what WiFi Dongle Bridge to get for my Eaglebox HD800

Daniel Tate

Reaction score
Since there is no Eaglebox section, the Skybox F3 is basicly the same. Anyway....

Hi all, does anyone have any experience with using a wifi dongle bridge with a receiver like the Skybox F3/Eagle/Openbox's etc.

Can anyone point me in the direction of what dongle to use and if anyone has had any success with one, if so which?

Don't come out with, just use a wired connection. Yes I could do that if i wanted even more cables running through everywhere along with a massive HDMI/Optical cable etc which comes from my PC.

Thanx!

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
I bought this dongle for my F3

eBay Item # 271032180858

Ok, the p&p charge is steep, but the total price is half that of the "Official" dongle which as far as I can tell is identical!

But is there suitable firmware available for the Eaglebox to use a Wi-Fi dongle, or are you restricted to having to use a more expensive Bridge device plugged into your Ethernet Port??

Daniel Tate

Reaction score
Tivù said:
I bought this dongle for my F3

eBay Item # 271032180858

Ok, the p&p charge is steep, but the total price is half that of the "Official" dongle which as far as I can tell is identical!

But is there suitable firmware available for the Eaglebox to use a Wi-Fi dongle?
Thanx mate, does it work well? If it works with the F3 it should work fine with the Eagle.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
But is the Eaglebox Wi-Fi enabled?

As far as I recall, the F3 didn't get suitably unbuggy Firmware until May this year.

Daniel Tate

Reaction score
Tivù said:
But is the Eaglebox Wi-Fi enabled?

As far as I recall, the F3 didn't get suitably unbuggy Firmware until May this year.
Yeah it is enabled. Well "supposedly" haha.