help orbit sat digital receiver problem viewing

lucyl17

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
i have xtra digital xd 300 salellite receiver box & 1 meter dish , all channells scanned ok nearly 500 but unable to view anything . not tec knowledge at all ! scanned lnb nilesat. live in cyprus . please help
My Location
cyprus
i have orbit xtra digital xd 300 salellite receiver box & 1 meter dish , all channells scanned ok nearly 500 but unable to view anything . no tec knowledge at all ! scanned lnb nilesat. instalation guy had never seen this type of box , said the signal was 99 % but still no picture. left me with no viewing .live in cyprus . please help lucy :)

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Orbit transmit off 2 satellites. Atlantic Bird 2 at 8W and Eurobird 2 at 26E.

The footprint map suggests your dish is on the small side for decent reception of 8W, so get the installer back to realign the dish onto 26E.

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Yep, Cyprus looks to be smack-bang in the middle of the beam used by Orbit on Eurobird 2.:)

_http://www.lyngsat-maps.com/maps/eb2_fixed.html

lucyl17

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
i have xtra digital xd 300 salellite receiver box & 1 meter dish , all channells scanned ok nearly 500 but unable to view anything . not tec knowledge at all ! scanned lnb nilesat. live in cyprus . please help
My Location
cyprus
thanks so much for your help will call him back up.lucy

lucyl17

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
cyprus
this is a second hand box , can anyone tell me does orbit offer free view channels and do i require a card for this ? thanks once again

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Heres the channel list for Orbit on 26

_http://www.lyngsat.com/packages/orbiteb2.html

As you can see theres a couple of free channels, but there are no ftv channels.

Im pretty sure the Orbit boxes have a chip inside them so no card required, but you will need to resubscribe.

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
lucyl17 said:
this is a second hand box , can anyone tell me does orbit offer free view channels and do i require a card for this ? thanks once again

There are hardly any FTA channels in the Orbit package
Check that your receiver has a CI Slot and can encrypt Irdeto 2 and Mediaguard 2 encrypted channels before ordering a subscription card.
It will not be as cheap as buying it from "official" countries.

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
Sorry Analoguesat, same post almost typed at the same time.
Except yours is more accurate about it being an Orbit box.

R

Rd100

I have orbit myself and can tell you that the xd300 has a built in seca 1.5 card inside the receiver it is a sim card size card which is covered in epoxy glue and if the subscription has been canceled you will not be able to view any channels on the receiver not even FTA channels as the decoder will be blocked unless you get the decoder reactivated,

So just to confirm no orbit subsciption = no FREE TO AIR or scrambled channels at all,

Also with the xd300 if it is not set up on the correct default transponder in the menu it will not scan no channels at all and also euro-bird 2 25.5 east and Atlantic bird 2 8'w both have different orbit default transponder both use diff rent technical parameters you have to set it up correct but i would advise not setting a dish up for orbit on AB2 8'W as orbit is due to leave the satellite soon,

lucyl17 said:
i have orbit xtra digital xd 300 salellite receiver box & 1 meter dish , all channells scanned ok nearly 500 but unable to view anything . no tec knowledge at all ! scanned lnb nilesat. instalation guy had never seen this type of box , said the signal was 99 % but still no picture. left me with no viewing .live in cyprus . please help lucy :)

R

Rd100

You are correct both the philips xd300 and humax xd300 both have built in seca 1.5 sim cards,

But orbit is now moving over to using real size irdeto 2 viewing cards which you can using in a irdeto receiver or cam, For new orbit customers orbit issue them with the new Humax xd200 receiver which is a new model which has bulit in irdeto and is ideal for use on the middle east irdeto providers and it also have orbit epg and will also work with showtime Arabia,

Analoguesat said:
Heres the channel list for Orbit on 26

As you can see theres a couple of free channels, but there are no ftv channels.

Im pretty sure the Orbit boxes have a chip inside them so no card required, but you will need to resubscribe.

lucyl17

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
cyprus
thanks so much , does this mean i would need to subscribe to orbit have my dish re aligned and i could put a showtime card in\ would showtime then work as well \ could i just put a show time card in ? cheers so much lucy

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
No. Put very simply the Orbit XD300 is useless to you unless you intend to subscribe to Orbit with it (via 26E).

If you just want free channels to get you going and then think about subscribing later then you need a different receiver.

lucyl17

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
cyprus
Thank you for your time responding as you can tell i know nothing about satellite viewing ! . can you recommend a cheap box to buy that will give me free view channels . cheers lucy

pompeyeve

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
none at present
My Location
united kingdom
Hi Lucy,

Ive just got back from Cyprus and wanted to find out whats over there as Im moving there 1st Nov.

I contacted Demontronics which is in Skoulli and he provides dish,receiver and installation..Card cost 48euro. You can then get several programmes with showtime and a few free ones as well.

I did contact Holitec in Coral Bay as well and they are providing wireless freeway for broadband and by Nov/Dec they will be setting up freesat. all you need is a small dish.

To contact them here is the email and phone number

digby@holitec.eu phone 26821412

Good Luck hope you get sorted. Missing beautiful Polis already and only been home since Sunday night.