Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TM7755 -2ca
Motrised Dish
Dragon Cam
My Location
North Wales
Hi,

I have a motorised dish and can pick up Hotbird, Astra no problem, but im having problems picking up / tunning in digitalb into my system. This is what is happening.

1) I click on to Eutesat W2 16o East and the sat moves to this position fine. Note : The signal strength is high 88pc, Quality is low 20 pc.

2) When I proceed to scan for channels the only channel it picks up are some free to air SKY Italia channels advertising movies n stuff - SKy Prima, FX, Prima Fila 1-12 ect. There's no sign of ditalb following a scan.

3) ive checked the frequncies ect and I seem to be scanning the corect freqs I think .

4) Im using a Technomate reciver (TM7755 2ca) with Dragon gam.
I haveunt updated the rceiver firmware in ages, but dragin cam is running latest pred patch.

I would appreciate any thoughts or advice on this matter as im desperate to get my Sat set up for the forthcoming premiership season.

Thanks in Advance for any help / advice you can Share - Mat S

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Welcome to the forum Mathewbet1
16 East can be a tricky bird at the best of times and just because you can pick up Hotbird and Astra1 means nothing. They boom out in comparison, you do not mention what size your dish is either but whatever size it is I suspect some fine tuning is required

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Nudge it a tad Eastward, if you are scanning and picking up Sky italia channels, then you are not spot on 16e, you are still picking up Hotbird.

mathewbet1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TM7755 -2ca
Motrised Dish
Dragon Cam
My Location
North Wales
Thanks for the responce Topper. I have a 0.9 meter dish. When you say fine tunning, can you give some 'baby steps' to what I should be doing with my dish and or reciver to fine tune my system for 16 East. As mentioned signal quality seems to be low. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
As Rolf has already said you need to nudge it a tad Eastwards. Sky Italia is not on 16 East but 13 East, as I said they are powerful birds either side and I suspect you are midway between 16E and 13E

mathewbet1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TM7755 -2ca
Motrised Dish
Dragon Cam
My Location
North Wales
Ill give it a try. BUT i need to fix my reciever first getting ERR08 message, after installing latesest firmware. YES it is the correct firmware and i followed instructions. Do you now anyway to rescue my reciver. Reinstall firmware??? ant help??

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Sorry to hear that but go back to where you got the software there may be some help there. Never had a technomate so cannot help

mathewbet1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TM7755 -2ca
Motrised Dish
Dragon Cam
My Location
North Wales
Im still having problems picking up Eutel W2, im scanning for digitalb (11092, sym ratte 3200). Ive tried fine tunning the positions further east , as i have been told the the neighbouring birds are very strong compared to the realivly weak eutel signal. But Im not getting anywhere.....

Ive even pushed the sat as far as 25 east, and i still seem to pick up only these SKY italia )Fila channels very strange.......what could be happening.

Am i scanning wrong or doing somthing really stupid/////

PLease help............ANYONE:-worship

mathewbet1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TM7755 -2ca
Motrised Dish
Dragon Cam
My Location
North Wales
Hi guys ive cracked it. For anyone eles who has this problem hes's how to solve it.

(The main reason for tunning in to this satellie for many is that digitalb will be showing live premiership games on saturdays)

Youve simply got to 'fine tune' the position of the dish. I have a techomate reciever and I found the option deep within the menu as follows:

First make sure your on 16 E Eutel to start with (youll probably have high sinal strength and low signal quality - at the moment your not quite locked on)

Goto Autosearch.....scroll down to DIQEqc Motor setting click ok on DISEQ12...../
this will bring you to the fine tunning menu where you can 'nudge' the satellite either east or west untill you see your signal quality jump up, when it does your on Eutel YIPPPE. I used move fine in small increments this moves the sat very small fraction at a time.

once your loocked onto eutel you will see th signal quality jump from around 10 pc to 40 pc.

Hope this helps someone whos looking for this hard to lock sat.................

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Glad you got it sorted, it often needs a little nudge. :)

mathewbet1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TM7755 -2ca
Motrised Dish
Dragon Cam
My Location
North Wales
Hi do you know anything of what channels the premiership games are on. After a full scan ive only 50 or channels I have the following...................

Digitalb 5,6,7,8 are these the required channles for the prem coverage.........I need to confirm this before I go ahead and purchase a Digitalb card.....thanks again

alfa155btcc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
I have a 85cm Faval Dish with 0.2 titanium lnb and alsat dark motor running off of a Technomate 1500 Ci Super
My Location
Bucks
I too am in the process from going from fixed to motorized maybe you could help if i become stuck ?

There should 5 soon to be 6 channels they are as follows

Premium Super Sports 1
Premium Super Sports 2
Premium Super Sports 3
Premium Super Sports 4
Premium Super Sports 5​
& soon to be 6

all broadcasting from

Frequancies : 11449 Ghz H / 11092 Ghz V
Symbol rate : 27500 / 32000
Fec 7/8
:toke: