Help Pleae What System To Buy

mkkid

Reaction score
My Location
Milton Keynes
From what I remember (if it comes with OS V1.05 as mine did) it's not amazingly logical, but you just set up language options, motor/diseqc options (Latitude and Longitude - so get these ready...) and satellite settings.

Hi in your post you mentioned longitude and lattiude-so get these ready.
What does that mean?
Does the endginer have these.

bas

thanks again

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
mkkid said:
Hi in your post you mentioned longitude and lattiude-so get these ready.
What does that mean?
Does the endginer have these.

bas

thanks again
The engineer should have them, but if he's travelling a long way, he may not have them to hand, in which case it wouldn't hurt to get them in advance.

If your going to make a hobby of this, then you'll eventually be chanting them in your sleep, and automatically give lost motorists directions to the station in AZ/EL/LONG/LAT/DEGREES EAST :)

mkkid

Reaction score
My Location
Milton Keynes
hi chaps engineeers came to and we had a good chat,he advised that i could have planning permission problems for a 1.2 dish if he put on the wall.I`ve got a high fence so it might be ok to go on the ground.
Also he recommended a 90cm that he say is quite good that could go on the wall.
If i go for the 90cm dish will i be able to get, turk sat for the football, i think you can you get it on hotbird(if you pay for it on art).Basically i what footie/hockey and mature content then i`m in heaven.
Also he ask is the dreambox diseqc 1.2 or just disequ one.Its to do with the cabling,if i get a 90 dish do i need a v-box.From your replies earlier i think i need a v-box for a 1.2 dish only.
Thanks again for your help guys

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
You only need a diseqC motor for a 90cm and the Dreambox is capable of controlling it, I'm surprised that your installer is unaware of its capabilities, it is not exactly a new product. Not sure about how much you will get from Turksat with the 90cm, perhaps someone else can help. :)

mkkid

Reaction score
My Location
Milton Keynes
You only need a diseqC motor for a 90cm and the Dreambox is capable of controlling it, I'm surprised that your installer is unaware of its capabilities, it is not exactly a new product. Not sure about how much you will get from Turksat with the 90cm, perhaps someone else can help. :)

Sorry forgive my ingorance,he says he has never dealt with a dreambox before,so if he puts up a 90 cm dish the diseqc motor will it work everything?
i`v` looked at another post on this forum and it says diseqc motors are ok.
if i go for the 1.2 dish i would defineley need the vbox .
Also isthe dreambox compatible with diseqc 1.2.

The v-box how is it set up,
1) does the cable run from the motor to the v-box then to the drembox
2)Also is the motor powered off the same cable

The reason i`ve asked these questions is that they go under a laminate floor
so would i could be looking at 3 cables

1) one from lnb to dreambx
2) Cable from motor to move the dish
3)cable dish\motor to the v-box

Are these ordinary size cable,like sat cable please

Thanks again

bas

jetkis

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate twin tuner 7100HD
Motorised Fracarro Penta 85cm
Don't have Sky
My Location
Oxford
Bas, Happy Birthday, I hope you had a good one. I hope people don't mind me posting this here. Your private message inbox is full, been trying for days.
Keep me updated on your project.

mkkid

Reaction score
My Location
Milton Keynes
jetkis said:
Bas, Happy Birthday, I hope you had a good one. I hope people don't mind me posting this here. Your private message inbox is full, been trying for days.
Keep me updated on your project.
i will m8,i e-mail rolfw so hopeful i can get it to work,just waiting for a reply to my last post and i can get my dish and be up and running.

bas

llandy

Reaction score
If you decide on a 90cm dish and a diseqc motor they all work from the same Shielded cable so you will only have one.

The receiver cable to the motor and through to the LNB.

mkkid

Reaction score
My Location
Milton Keynes
llandy said:
If you decide on a 90cm dish and a diseqc motor they all work from the same Shielded cable so you will only have one.

The receiver cable to the motor and through to the LNB.
Thanks m8,to be honest i want to go for the 1.2 metre dish it will depend on the answer i receive.

bas

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Going to the land of nod now, but just a quickie... if you use a diseqc motor, it all works off the single coax to your LNB (it just goes via the motor first). If not, you'll be needing a nice big strong 'old-fashioned' 36V motor, with it's own power supply cables as well as signal cables (total 4, I think). So now your diseqc receiver sends diseqc commands to your VBOX, and it converts it into old-money and sends it off to your 36V motor.

Razor

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Ireland
Just go for the 1.2m dish, it makes all the differance. You wont be sorry and if it's down low...nobody or planner will ever see it.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
You can buy all in one cable from places like www.CPC.co.uk, but I believe that it is only sold in 100m lengths. You may have more luck phoning your local satellite/aerial wholesaler who will probably sell you a smallish length.

mkkid

Reaction score
My Location
Milton Keynes
Guys

i`ve been speaking to my Satellite installer,he says a polarotor is the best option for my dish but the most expensive.Will it work with a dreambox 7000s
Also guys wheres tthe cheapest place to buy a Matched feed c120 .

Bas

boron

Reaction score
My Location
NE Scotland
Hi - I'm trying to find out whether a fortecstar 1.2 metre dish can be attached directly to a Jaeger 1224 motor with the standard components supplied. If the dish and motor are not strictly compatible, I imagine that any engineering work necessary would be pretty straightforward? I have this idea that the main complications would be backwards tilt of the dish and sideways tilt of either the motor or the upright pole. I have to find out my latitude and longitude. I plan to fix up a home-made inclineometer and either use a Technomate -1500 CI+ receiver or an old analog receiver to find a few satellites along the clerk belt (as an alternative to buying a satellite meter). I don't think it would matter how the dish was attached to the motor (as long as it was strong enough and corrosion resistant). Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks.