Help please Sanyosat 9000

scoobyy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sanyo sat 9000
My Location
Sri Lanka
hey ma aunt gave me a sanyo sat 9000 complete set(without manual), i tried it plugged with ma tv, i can go to the menu but i can set it up.can eny1 helpme plz.......i'm from sri lanka and i do no in wat dis system is capable of.plz help me

[fieldset=Admin]Post moved, Do not tag on to archived threads start your own when asking a new question and do not multipost[/fieldset]

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
scoobyy said:
hey ma aunt gave me a sanyo sat 9000 complete set(without manual), i tried it plugged with ma tv, i can go to the menu but i can set it up.can eny1 helpme plz.......i'm from sri lanka and i do no in wat dis system is capable of.plz help me

If you only have this receiver, and no satellite dish, then you need to install a dish pointed at a strong satellite in your location, LNB and run a coaxial cable to the receiver input.
I would guess that you need a professional satellite dish installer to set it up.
If you have this already, then I am not sure what kind of help do you need.
Have you asked your aunt about this receiver?

scoobyy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sanyo sat 9000
My Location
Sri Lanka
yes i have a dish and a cable to connect.but i dont know how to chose the correct satellite.ma aunt ensures
that some one has used this before (she dosent know anything else).in srilanka we only use PAL. does these need to test under SCHEM,NTSC?i can see names of satellite like Intelsat,Astra in the configuration menu but nothing responds.any help to select the right satellite?

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
So if you have a dish already what satellite is it set to point at?
Simply select that satellite in your menu and do a blind scan of that satellite.
If your dish is not installed then you will need some kind of satellite meter to find a satellite first.