gazleyp

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.om motorised orbital Dish
Humax Foxsat-HDR
Cryptic H-H Mount
My Location
Manchester England
Hello all i am completely new to all this and have read most post on setting up dishes, that said i am struggling big time, i have a humax foxsat pvr reciver,a 1M orbital dish, cryptic H H Mount,and a sharp dual lnb, now i can recieve free sat and get 100% signal Strenghth and 100 % quality, when i try to scan other satellites the dish moves and i get 80 % strength but 0 quality could some one please try to point me in the right direction as i have spent 2 days trying to rectifie my problems. thanks:)

redout

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1M Dish with Motek 2100,
DM 500 & DM 800HD, Vu+ Duo,
Digital+, Sky+, TDT, Saorview
My Location
Dublin
Just a guess but perhaps your motor on the dish might not be correctly setup.

gazleyp

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax Foxsat-HDR
Cryptic H-H Mount
My Location
Manchester England
the motor is set to 53 degrees as i am in manchester, with the dish set to 23 degrees, is this the right settings for my location, and how do i set the motor up right

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire

gazleyp

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax Foxsat-HDR
Cryptic H-H Mount
My Location
Manchester England
yes i have read the stickys, my reciever has usals, and diseqc settings as i am using a diseqc motor i have set to diseqc, should i use usals instead, the instuctions that come with the reciever do not even have instructions on how to enter the diseqc menu so am struggling, hope i am not being dumb

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
So which satellite did you use to setup on Due South?

gazleyp

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax Foxsat-HDR
Cryptic H-H Mount
My Location
Manchester England
well am pretty sure it is astra 28.2 as i get free view,perfectly, just do not get anything else, motorized dish is on the same wall as sky fitted thier dish so am sure am facing south

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Astra 28.2 isn't your due South satellite in Manchester, so it isn't surprising that you are not getting anything else, you are way off arc. The closest satellite to due South for you is 1W, so if you align the Motor assembly as suggested in my sticky Howto, you will get the full arc.

gazleyp

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax Foxsat-HDR
Cryptic H-H Mount
My Location
Manchester England
Thank you Rolfw, does the motor need to be set to zero when i find thor 1W and is BBC world on 11.325H 24500.i only have a Satellite Finder meter will this be adiquate to find thor or will i need to purchase a new meter, once again thank you for your help

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
A small satellite meter will do, Manchester is only a degree further West than 1W, so if you can find the USALs or Gotox setting in your receiver, first enter your coordinates, then send the motor to reference/zero, after which you send the motor to 1W.

Then as per the guide, go outside and move the whole assembly around to approximately 1W (you should be able to guess roughly where it is, as you already have found 28.2 East, then raise the dish elevation by a few degrees and see if you can find 1W. When you find a satellite, nip up the bolts and check on the BBC channel.:) Repeat until you find it.

gazleyp

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax Foxsat-HDR
Cryptic H-H Mount
My Location
Manchester England
Thank you will try again tomorrow, think i may have bitten off more than i can chew or i am making this more complex than it actually is

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
If you do it in logical steps, it is quite straightforward.

gazleyp

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax Foxsat-HDR
Cryptic H-H Mount
My Location
Manchester England
LOL ,easy for you to say :-)

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
No, believe me it is, people tend to over complicate it, but if you complete every step in order, it will all fall into place. The most difficult step is actually finding the due South satellite, but if you're using a meter, even if you hit the wrong satellite first or second go, it doesn't take too many times to get it right.

gazleyp

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax Foxsat-HDR
Cryptic H-H Mount
My Location
Manchester England
hi there, thanks for you last reply words of encouragement are always helpful. I tried to locate 1.0 w to no avail, blew meter up in rain last night , (deep joy). My dish elevation is set at 22.5 degrees, my motor is set at 53 degrees, and my location is manchester,and still cant get quality signal but do get 100% strength, any ideas where i am going wrong, as a long drop with short rope is imenent.:-rofl2 :)

bigtee

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky; Raven 90 multi-LNB 1W,5E, 7E, 9E, 13E 16E, 19E, 28E; 60cm Triax dish on Moteck SG2100 motor; Various Receivers
My Location
Kent, UK
Before trying again for 1w, first try and locate the almost unmissable 5w using either frequency 11591 or 12543. If you locate that, you will be only millimetres away from 1w.

gazleyp

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax Foxsat-HDR
Cryptic H-H Mount
My Location
Manchester England
Hey thanks forthat will give it a go today