Help Please with Philips OnDigital box?

R

Redknapp

Does Any1 know wherei can download the lastest software version for my Philips (DTX 6371) box, as the box is coming up with an error message. I cant manuel update or auto update.
Also can any1 tell me where to get the programto upload the software from my Laptop to my digital box?

Thanx in Advance

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I'm not aware that it's possible Redknap, certainly not seen any mention of it on my travels.

Rolf

R

Redknapp

My m8's m8 had the software and program for it, but he had to format his hard drive and he did'nt have a backup.

Ive got the Hex (bin file) of the Dtx6370 version, i just need the program which can upload it, and then i hope the box will be able to do an auto update after that.

J

jobdone

What Error is it coming up with?? If it says update Error it is because it's already using the latest software.I've never heard of an update via computer either because it updates via antenna but it may be possible it does have a nice serial port..

R

Redknapp

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 28-Feb-02 AT 08:21 PM (GMT)]Here's my Problem:

My Phillips box has been locked since the start of october, i cant use any buttons on the box and only the number buttons on the remote worked. I have tryed a factory reset (also holdin down 2 buttons on the front of the box) it comes up saying error on the front on the box. Ive also broke then resoldered the small battery in the box as this is meant to sought the problem ot, but that did'nt work either.

H

herb

my phillips box has some wierd stuff that it does, like turns it self off and once i ended up with all mi channels funny had 999 channels and its locked up b4. not had what u r getting tho

I

iaincom

I had the same problem with my philips stb.
It started coming up with "update error, retrying update". None of the reset methods worked.

I called tech support and was told sometimes the boxes (philips or nokia) don't get updated properly and you need to leave them for around 24 hours turned on but disconected from the ariel.

Apparently this then resets the box. Why they couldnt have a key combo set to do this I dont know...

I am now trying this method, I will know if it works by lunchtime weds, I will post up if it worked.
But its worth a go, I have tryed everything else.

s1mply

Reaction score
Connect an earth lead to the chassis of the box, the Phillips boxes suffer terribly from static, which completely messes up the software operation on the unit.

T

test

Hello. I read this article. I´m searching for a FW for the Philips DTX 6371. Programmer external is avaiable. I only need somebody who read out the Flash´s from a working DTX 6371 to get my Box working again. I´m from Germany so sorry for my bad english. If U have the FW or could help me plz mailto: fgoeber_at_yahoo.de

Thanks