HELP PLEASE with u**** b*** and s** v***

W

w_yorks2001

Hi

I'm a "newbie" and reading through the posts I can see I'm having the same sort of problems as most.
I've got a viaccess red cam and have worked out how to load "barracuda" files using "swapbinhex" etc.
I use millenium as a prog'r

I've managed to get multivision working ok etc

The problem I've got is trying to get UB and SV working by editing with "zeebra"

I know how to get the latest codes and change them using zeebra, save the file and then program using the new file.

But it doesn't work

What am I doing wrong ?

:-((

W

w_yorks2001

Just thought - Is it something stupid like having to leave the card in the reciever and the channel on for it to update ???

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Sorry can't help too much on this one, it would appear that you are doing everything by the book. I've certainly found that a card can take a period of time before it works properly.

Unfortunately there aren't many people on the forum at the moment who have Viaccess knowledge, should pick up after New Year.

Rolf

W

w_yorks2001

thanks rolfw

I suppose it's nice to know I'm on the right track.

It's just frustrating - mind you the high's aren't as high without the low's eh ?

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
From other forums it appears that these two channels change codes quicker than the CAM takes to decode the programme

The red CAMS also have problems with official cards as well, especially with certain receivers, Strong and later Manhattan units being particularly affected

What receiver do you have ?

W

w_yorks2001

It's a Televes 7254, Channel Hopper
I've got an aston cam and a viaccess cam in it
I've noticed that SV changes very quickly, but UB seems to have had the same 8 code for a couple of days

Thanks for the replies tho - it's nice to find some friendly enthusiasts out there