help please

joncdrl37

Reaction score
help please
had 7020 4 a week now well impressed got it up and running everything working fine
i am tring to install miniroot using following command " ipkg install/tmp/miniroot7020_0.180_powerpc.ipk" but telnet keeps saying ipkg not found??

any help appreciated

currently using pi image by way

duric

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7020
Trillenium
I have the same prb and i don't know how to do

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Don't understand Linux too well, but I know that iPKG is a package management system used for installations, a bit like rpm.

It sounds like you are trying to issue a command that does not exist in the binary executable directory.

Don't know where that resides on the 7020, but on the 7000 it's /bin (not /var/bin). I suspect yours is the same.

FWIW, I don't have the command on any of the images on my box. Methinks you will have to add it yourself. Refer back to the miniroot installation instructions if you have any.

It's used as part of OpenWRT, the Linux distribution used on Linksys routers such as the WRT54G. Perhaps someone will post it here for you from their 7020.

STICK

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Ahhh, yes. I was right :eek: . I just found this for you on Sat-Ind.

The command is included with the original image, and you have to install this first in order to install miniroot. Then add your new images (Pref. on US:cool:.

_http://www.sat-industry.net/forums/showthread.php?p=135002#post135002

Enjoy.