help please

systemtek

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky Digital, Manhattan 3300 CI Plaza, Raven 70cm dish, with twin output Syntec 2000 0.3dB LNB on a Disceqc motor - PC ADSL 1Mb
My Location
Staffordshire, ENGLAND
Hi all, i am a newbie to this hobby I have the following setup purchased 2nd hand from someone:

Manhattan 3300 CI Plaza satellite receiver, Raven 70cm dish, with twin output Syntec 2000 0.3dB LNB and Disceqc motor.

I have a few questions :

1) When we disconnected it we left in on a BBC channel on 28 deg, so when i set it up at my house i would have an idea on allignment. I set it up here and got 80% signal strenth on this channel. Tried various other satellites and they was ok, however a day later i cant get on 7 east eutalsat anymore, is it possible that even though i alligned by this 1 channel the others are not alligned somehow?

2) In the MENU button it shows various satellites, my Disceqc goes 70 east to 70 west according to the manual, should i be able to program ANY satellite within this range and it should move to it ? even if it cant get a signal from it ? - i was wondering as per question above.

Any ideas ?
Thanks

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
Did you move the dish and mount from one wall and put it back up on another wall?

If you did, you will have to set up the arch that the dish move on again - from scratch as ever location is different.

Just because 28 degrees East works OK (it is a strong signal) doesn't guarantee the complete 70 - 70 arch works.

With that size of dish you will not receive ever satellite between your East and West settings due to several factors.

The footprint of some signals will not be pointing at the UK for starters.

You should receive all the satellites the person who sold it to received if they were close to your location.

Check out the setting up a dish section.

systemtek

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky Digital, Manhattan 3300 CI Plaza, Raven 70cm dish, with twin output Syntec 2000 0.3dB LNB on a Disceqc motor - PC ADSL 1Mb
My Location
Staffordshire, ENGLAND
Yes it was moved from one wall to another, i left it on 28deg when i had it as i knew by sight where 28deg was by looking at my own normal sky dish so i alligned it to that, i can pick other satellites up, i seem to have lost one or two overnight which is strange but like you say and i possibly thought about allignment still been out slightly.