Help plz, Skystar2 tuner

S

SLZ

Hi guys,

problem: Skystar2 Rev.2.6D doesn't tune to high band frequency (frequencies like 12597) but all other functions are 100% OK (it was working perfect at the time of purchase)!

Othe info: Tuner 14/18V ok, LNB ok, cable ok, everything ok and checked.

Driver Ver: 4.3.2 and I have checked almost all other drivers!

PC info: 2.4Ghz Intel, 512M ram and other suitable requirments for ss2.

Please help!!:(
Please help!!:(

rolfw

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
What is the highest frequency you can tune to? Check that the 22Khz tone has not been accidentally toggled to off.

S

SLZ

11919 Mhz is the highest tunable frequency (on hotbird). 22khz is on (I tested it using a variety of tuner programs like "b2c2 tunner control" and "progDVB"). I wish somebody would tell me how to make additional checks on 22khz tone, including a way to test it; without using osiloscope.

Thanks.

rolfw

rolfw

Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
That sounds like it isn't working then, or could of course be the LNB.

S

SLZ

Dear Rolf;

My "Starsat" receiver receives all channels using this LNB and dish!:confused (and shows signal quality of above 50%).:(

rolfw

rolfw

Staff member
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
OK, we can rule out the LNb then. :) Can't remember the software as I haven't used mine for a while, but is there a transition figure that can be changed for switching to upper band?

S

SLZ

Transition figure? would you explain more? is it something like, say a radio button in softwares which enable/disable 22khz?

rolfw

rolfw

Staff member
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
No, I think that it is actually called 22Khz transition, it is normally set at 11,650, it is the figure at which the receiver is told to switch to upper band.

S

SLZ

Sorry, I have no idea about that. The last thing I have decided to do is to get someone solder out EEprom of the card and reprogram it! I have even downloaded the datasheet of eeprom!:( :( but finding a suitable programmer is really an issue!:(

rolfw

rolfw

Staff member
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
What viewing software are you using?

S

SLZ

ProgDVB ver: 4.71.5 and DVBviewer, both act the same. I usually test it with "fast sat finder" which shows 0% signal on High band!

The card was ok at the time I bought it and I received more that 1200 channels on hotbird:rolleyes:, then I pointed my dish to UtilsatW3 in order to do "offline-downloading". I did it for about one month without any problems but when I turned dish to Hotbird again, high band was gone! I wanna cry:( :(

Help please

rolfw

rolfw

Staff member
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
The setting is called switch in the LNB setup menu.

Attachments

S

SLZ

I got it, you mean "local ocillator" of the lnb which is 10600 mhz for high band and swithc 11700. Anyway, the settings are ok, I checked them again. Why there is no crying smili at this forum?:( :(

rolfw

rolfw

Staff member
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
No, I mean the one in the middle, "Switch". :-cry1 :-cry1 :-cry1 :-cry1 :-rofl2

S

SLZ

Swithc 11700 ok, power: checked, Lof1: 9750, LOF2: 10600, KU band.

I dont know what on earth happend to this poor skystar! I even installed my card to my brothers computer who has the same card, his card functions good but mine is useless at high band:( :-cry1

rolfw

rolfw

Staff member
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
That being the case, it is probably a case for the bin, unless you bought it less than a year ago in the UK, or 2 years in Europe.

O

Orthoclipse

My Satellite Setup
Various
SLZ said:
Swithc 11700 ok, power: checked, Lof1: 9750, LOF2: 10600, KU band.

I dont know what on earth happend to this poor skystar! I even installed my card to my brothers computer who has the same card, his card functions good but mine is useless at high band:( :-cry1

Maybe it's a damaged coil?
'Technisat Skystar2 KuBand switch problem' h**p://joshyfun.blogspot.com/

S

SLZ

Thanks alot for you attention guys, I think final solution is purchasing another one, the bad point is that I live in Iran where even owning ss2 is considers a crime!!

rolfw

rolfw

Staff member
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Well looks like replacement of the coil is not that difficult to an electronics engineer, but have to say that I wouldn't try it, still remember my last effort. :) may be worth trying to source the component though, or alternatively a 22Khx tone inserter, they are not very expensive. http://www.donberg.ie/descript/t/toninert.htm

S

SLZ

Dear Rolf and Orthoclipse;

Thank you very much for the care you have taken to solve my problem.

I am going to change coil right now and I have found almost a same coil in a broken computer-power-supply.

I will keep you informed about the results.

Sincerely:)