Help required

Status
Not open for further replies.

Happydude

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
std
Hi, I would appreciate it if I could get some help for a set up I am trying to achieve - panamsat 10 on c band which I think is 68.5 east.
What is the best way of going about this, where can I get the equipment and the services to achieve this set up.
Thanks

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Will depend a lot on where you are, the more information you give, the better the answer.

Happydude

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
std
rolfw said:
Will depend a lot on where you are, the more information you give, the better the answer.

Thanks for the reply. Well basically, I'm in the south west and I want to pick up the channel tellytrack, which I'm told you can recieve with the set up in my original post. How do I go about this?

Thanks

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Can't see any setup in your first post, but the biggest problem for you is going to be line of sight, as that sat is very low on the horizon. We have a couple of C Band experts on the forum who will be able to advise on minimum dish requirements.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Its videoguard encoded - unless you have the access to the correct subs cards you can forget it.

In any case its going to be virtually on the horizon, so unless you have a perfect view out to the south east, you arent going to see it anyway.

H

Happy-Buddah

My old employer has a couple of 6m dishes trained on that sat. Line of sight clear out to sea.
H-B

Happydude

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
std
Analoguesat said:
Its videoguard encoded - unless you have the access to the correct subs cards you can forget it.

In any case its going to be virtually on the horizon, so unless you have a perfect view out to the south east, you arent going to see it anyway.

How can you get hold of the correct subs cards? Can they be purchased?
At the moment I just have normal sky dish, however I am prepared to pay for the extra equipment that will be required. I live in a mid terrace victorian house so may struggle to get a clear view, but I could get the signal where my brother lives.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
A SKy dish will be waaaay to small :D Hope you got a big garden as the power levels across the UK for the C-Band transmissions (34d:cool: suggest something BIGGER than 3m in diameter!!

I rather suspect subs cards will only be available to betting shops etc.

Happydude

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
std
I was told from someone who claims to have tellytrack that you don't need a decoder or a card as with c band it's free to air.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
We can only go on what the frequency websites tell us & they say its Videoguard.

h**p://www.lyngsat.com/pas68.html

4099V

Not that its going to make any difference to you unless you want a 10-15 foot dish in your garden:D

H

Happy-Buddah

Don't you just love it when people come onto the Forum asking for information and then do not believe you when you post an answer.

4099 V
tp 21

Telly Track Videoguard 1 512 650 E

H-B

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
You can receive it on the Europe*Star satellite at 45E, ku band 11495V. I used to watch it before it went encrypted.

Llew

H

Happy-Buddah

You beat me to it Llew. I think that the transmission on the South African beam is fta though.
Cheers H-B (J)

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
A little way over the horizon, that one HB :)

Llew

Happydude

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
std
Happy-Buddah said:
You beat me to it Llew. I think that the transmission on the South African beam is fta though.
Cheers H-B (J)

I was told you can watch tellytrack via two beams, one which is encrypted which has been mentioned - 45E, ku band 11495V. But I'm told you can pick up free to view signal via panamsat 10 on c band which I think is 68.5E. Do you really need a 10 foot dish? Can this dish go on the roof/chimney?

Thanks for any help

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Happydude said:
Do you really need a 10 foot dish? Can this dish go on the roof/chimney?
Thanks for any help

Don't think you would get planning permission for that Happydude and if you did the first time it got a bit windy your chimney stack would probably fall off !
:D

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Should be OK Topper :)

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
OK

<exasperated>

You need a 10 foot dish MINIMUM for C-band because of the low signal power levels.

Its encrypted in a secure system.

If you want the fta transmission move to South Africa.

End of story.

Thread closed.

</exasperated!>

Status
Not open for further replies.