Help Rolf!!!

Robbiewright

Member of the Big Dish Club
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky plus V3 and a 50 inch plasma screen.
My Location
Cairo, Egypt
Hi Rolf,
I know this is the wrong board to post this But I thought I might find you faster here. I need the link to that satelite calculator thing oor a list of frequencies and tranponders for nilesat.
Many thanks
Greetings from farao land Robby

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
No problem Robbie, the Swedish Microwave calculator is HERE

You can find the channel details for Nile sat HERE or HERE

Happy hunting.

Robbiewright

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Cairo, Egypt
Just not my day today. Rolf, I wanter to send you a P.M but I can't till I edit my profile. How do I do that?? I'v done it before but am lost now.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
The SMW calculator will not really help resolve issues with digital transponders, though its a good start for approximate dish size

What do you have on your roof in Cairo Robbiewright ?

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Go into user cp at the top right of the page Robby, you'll find that you can edit profile and options such as PM receipt, plus add an avatar etc.

Robbiewright

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Cairo, Egypt
I am in a bit of a bother. I am it a friends house in the back blocks if Egypt, he has a cheep box to get BBC World on Nial Sat, it was working fine till I touched it. I wanted to see if there was anything else out there to watch on nile sat. I wteeked the dish, did more scans, tweeked and scanned some more and got him a few more shopping channels and some aribic talk shows about 75. All was fine till the last tweek and scan, now I only have 35 channels of rubbish and no BBC world. I found the transponder with the link you gave me and there is jusn no sign of life there althow other transponders are working. HELP, He is going to kill me.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Double check that you haven't inadvertently disabled the 22Khz tone switch Robbie, that transponder could just fall into the upper band of the LNB.

Its on a Horizontal transponder, so check the horizontal alignment, the vertical may be correct, so just try tipping the dish Slightly up and down.

Robbiewright

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Cairo, Egypt
The 22 k thing was on "universal" I tried on and off but on change. one of the other transponders I found working was also "H". I have rocked the dish a bit but no change.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Are you sure you have not twisted the LNB slightly in its housing.

If you can receive any tranmissions on the same polarity as the BBC then ensure yuo peak the LNB on one of these first.

Can you check any neighbours systems for the BBC ? There is an outside chance they may have changed frequency in the past day which may or may not be logged on Lyngsat or Satcodx

Robbiewright

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Cairo, Egypt
thay may have changed frequency but it would have just happend now. just as I was scanning. I will see if I can find some one else with bbc and see if thay still have it.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
OK, Universal is what it should be set at, I was actually looking at BBC ?World Service and not BBC World, and so the transponder is probably on the lower band anyway.

If you set the transponder to 11.766 H and just try and tweak the dish on that setting, you should get results.

You can't be too far off, so don't panic, it should only be tweaking, may also be worth looking at the skew of the LNB and make sure that is correct, this can also be done by trial and error.

Robbiewright

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Cairo, Egypt
Still no life, the other transponders are booming in and usaly BBC dose too. I was watching bbc then did another scan and lost it all. I think I must be going mad or that turned it off the second I did the scan. Havn't found anyone else with a dish yet to see if it is still there.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
In the setup menu can you actually get a signal strength from an individual transponder and if so are you getting a reading on the BBC one?

Robbiewright

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Cairo, Egypt
it's about 20% but that dosn't change even if I put my habd over the LNB.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
That sounds really odd Robby, have a look and see in the LNB setup what the LO frequencies ar listed as, they should be 9.750 low and 10.600 High, I am also assuming that it is a universal LNB.

The other thing to check is the H and V transponders immediately below and above, to see if you have a signal there.

Robbiewright

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Cairo, Egypt
there are a lot of transponders that arn't working, looking at the list again there are a lot that never were eather.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Is there any pattern apparent Robby, mostly Vertical or all in one frequency range etc. Also are you sure that the transponders/channels that you are receiving are definitely from the same satellite and that you haven't innadvertently moved to an adjacent one.

Robbiewright

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Cairo, Egypt
It's cominf from Nial sat, I get transponder 7, at least he gets BBC world service raido now.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Can you get any of the vertical channels Robby?

Robbiewright

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Cairo, Egypt
It's cominf from Nial sat, I get transponder 7, at least he gets BBC world service raido now.