Help! Satellite with Digibox Irdeto decoder and freeview set-top box

timeduff

Reaction score
Hi everyone. This is probably a really stupid question, but . . . I am totally clueless as regards satellite and digital TV!

I have got a Digibox Irdeto decoder in order to get a subscription satellite TV package from Greece called NOVA. Now I am thinking of buying a set-top box to get British freeview TV. I was thinking of getting one called a Humax F2 Fox T, because I've seen some good reviews of it.

What I want to ask is if the two are compatible. Can I plug everything in together and switch between satellite TV and freeview? Or by buying a set-top box will I not be able to plug in my satellite decoder?

Any help gratefully received!

Tim :)

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Yes you can, you can loop the freeview box through the satellite receiver, or vice versa. Alternatively, you can connect them both directly to the TV if it has enough scarts.

timeduff

Reaction score
Thanks, Rolf! I really appreciate it. Am off to buy my set-top box. Do you think the Humax F2 Fox T is a good one?

Tim

rolfw said:
Yes you can, you can loop the freeview box through the satellite receiver, or vice versa. Alternatively, you can connect them both directly to the TV if it has enough scarts.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
They are mostly pretty similar in performance Tim, the Humax seems to have good reports though. :)