Help setting up my 'ideal' system

My Satellite Setup
Not done that bit yet!
My Location
Brussels Belgium
Hello,

I am trying to setup my ideal satalite setup. If any of your 'in-the-know' can contribute any ideas I would appreciate it.

I am currently living in Brussels, Belgium. However I *may* move to Amsterdam at some point in the future (Therefore my setup needs to work in both locations).

I desire to receive these satalite broadcasts:

Sky Digital (For HD when available)
ART Sport (Hot-Bird)
DigitAlb (EUTELSAT W2 at 16 degrees East)

Equipment I *believe* I need to obtain (But am unsure on some bits!)
80cm dish
Motorized base + brackets.
Quad LNB
Sky Box
Non-branded satalite receiver (Is there one capable of allowing the 2 non-sky viewing cards?) - and are there any available with HDMI out?
Coax

I can only put up 1 dish on the side of the building, otherwise id just get 2 dishs.

And in case you cannot tell already, this is mainly for Premiership football. I simply want to be able to pickup as many games from upto 3 satalites as cheaply as possible. So if you can think of an even better choice of sat carsd, let me know!

-
Ive researched for some time, but just get that feeling there is some major flaw in my plan!

Any help chaps?!
Thanks in advance

twag42

My Location
Amsterdam,Holland
if you want it to work in both locations then your gonna need 2 of everything.when /if you move to the amsterdam area,send me a pm and we can talk further.Try looking for a sat-dealer/installer in brussels they should be able to help you out.theres a few listed in the satellite telly guide.

TWAG

B16MCC

Dreambox Gimp & Coder
My Satellite Setup
2 Dreamboxes..........
---------------------------------------------
--- DM 8000 HD PVR & DM 800 HD ---
Motek SG2100 & Triax 80cm Dual LNB
------ Fixed Dish 28e Quad LNB -------
---- Sly HD Full & 24" Apple iMAC ----
My Location
/var/tuxbox/config
Hi there. Just one point to throw in really. If you're looking at a motorised system maybe you could use a box with a loop through signal rather than paying for a quad lnb. Depending on your computers skills , if they are good to advanced I would recommend a dreambox. It has loop through to goto your sky box and is extremely versatile. If you're not confident using a linux system with cam emulation then try something like a technomate.

My Satellite Setup
Not done that bit yet!
My Location
Brussels Belgium
Thanks for the replies most helpful..

After reading a couple of forum posts I have slightly rethought my ideas. I just need to clarify that this is possible, and if so, some suggestions on equipment!

Now all that I want is... A dish capable of receiving Sky HD (Hence 2 feeds from lnb as its sky+ etc etc) and possibly another lnb at a different degree to pick up ART. Is that even possible? Hence this way, no need for motor/messing around.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Yes, just use a multifocus dish like the Raven Gemini 90cm, or perhaps the Wave Frontier (if you want more satellites than three), then you can have 13E, 19E and 28.2E (with a Quad LN:cool: all switching instantly.