Help splitter is needed for a community system?

paulsat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sattelite installer
My Location
spain
Hi does anyone know what is required to link in 5 sky receptor boxes for a community system that already has a televes amplifier and sky dish. The 5 boxes will feed 5 channels to around 50 apartements 4 will be freeview and 1 will be coded with a sky card.?

paulsat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sattelite installer
My Location
spain
Hi What type of splitter is needed to link in 5 sky receptor boxes to a Televes amplifier for a communal system of around 50 apartements.
Somene told me I needed a patch 5 way splitter and a quad converter lnb.
Is this correct? I would appreciate any advice here.Thanks.

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
UK 80cm fixed on Hotbird / ART sports package.
4.2 Mtr Prime focus Dish at Astra 2D + Hotbird & Arabsat Fixed.
My Location
South Essex UK. Kapparis Famagusta Cyprus
Hi
Your on the right track.
I am looking to do the same for our complex in Cyprus.
I have added a URL which will help.
I am not suggesting you buy from them, just hope it gives you some idea how its done and what's needed.
http://www.ekmpowershop2.com/ekmps/shops/melksatltd/index.asp?function=DISPLAYCAT&catid=9

http://www.ekmpowershop2.com/ekmps/shops/melksatltd/index.asp?function=DISPLAYCAT&catid=32

http://www.ekmpowershop2.com/ekmps/shops/melksatltd/index.asp?function=DISPLAYPRODUCT&productid=93

Kind Regards
Essex Boy :p :-rofl2 :toke:

paulsat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sattelite installer
My Location
spain
Hey thanks for the reply and the links . How would I link the 5 recievers to the amplifier?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Moved this from the big links section, please make an effort to post in an appropriate section and do not post the same question twice..

It will depend on how many other channels you are secnding through the system as to what is the best way to do this. How many off the air terrestrial channels are there?

How are you going to supply the Sky digiboxes with separate feeds and what type of dish is installed at present?

Do you have the use of a signal strength meter for calibrating the system?

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Why use something other than the Sky boxes for the free to air channels

paulsat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sattelite installer
My Location
spain
Thanks for the replys.

I was going to use 5 seperate modulators 1 for each sky box.

Also there will only be 1 channel from each box showing 5 channels in all as this is a community holiday centre

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
OK, then all you will need in addition to the modulators, is a global 5 way digibox resetter, it will reset to the selected channels in the event of an over air download or power failure. Also a six way combiner, unless your modulators have a loopthrough, some do. :)

You will need to find some way of feeding the five boxes as well, either using a multiswitch with a quattro LNB, or an Octo LNB. You didn't say what type of dish and what size.