skyb digital dish and lnb from sky
mytheatre
no cams yet as newbie
My Location
scotland
Hi all got a complete set up,live scotland paisley

Installed
1.pole,motor and dish set lattitude and long
2.manual turned dish same direction as sky mini dish as dont have compass.
3.getting signal 88 to 93 % depending on sat
4.but the quality meter stays very low 5 to 13 %
Called sky man and he said wont do motor dishes as too much problems
any help will be grateful.:-worship

modman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
PLAZA ST100 FTA,
3 mini dishes,
Zone 2 dish on a motor,
TM 1000D
My Location
London
There could be many answers to this, the signal meter will not give you a clear idea that the satellite dish is correctly positioned to the correct satellite or any satellite for that matter. The quality is what tells you the alignment is correct. Try fine tuning very slightly (up/down/left/right). If you have set the reciever to 28.2e and you are sure its correctly alligned to 28.2e make sure there are no obstuctions. Other than that it could be the cable and its connections, the lnb could be faulty or you may have wrongly connected the lnb/motor/receiver.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
You need to follow one of the guides in the Sticky section at the top of this section. From Paisley, you should be lining up the dish on 5W, the closest satellite to your actual longitude, if you get this right after setting the correct elevation on your motor body, then the rest of the arc will come in nicely.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
rolfw said:
if you get this right after setting the correct elevation on your motor body, then the rest of the arc will come in nicely.

Provided your pole is perfectly vertical in all planes of course, but if you have not checked it you will soon find that out when you start moving across the arc

Sharkadder

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 8000 HD PVR+DVD, 80cm Dish, 1.2 Compatible Motor, Quad LNB, Samsung 22" 1080p HD TV/monitor, Yamaha RX-V765 Amplifier, Tannoy Mercury FC Centre Speaker, 2 x Tannoy F1 Custom Speakers, 2 x Tannoy FR Custom Speakers, EPOS ELS Sub Woofer
My Location
Teesside (North East England)
i thought the was a satellite 1w (sirus) which is even better to allign the dish up 2? i think 5degrees is abit out to be alligning the dish up aint it?

since he has a 90cm he should be able to get that 1 right?

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Sharkadder said:
i thought the was a satellite 1w (sirus) which is even better to allign the dish up 2? i think 5degrees is abit out to be alligning the dish up aint it?

It depend where you are in Europe and how far away from the Greenwich meridian you actually are, some people are East of it in the UK and some are West of it. In this case Rolf (as always) is absolutely bang on, Paisley in Scotland (according to Google Earth) is 4deg 25mins West so 5 deg West is o/p's true South satellite.

fraser70

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
medion p4 2.6gh 2x 250gb hdd
42 inch lcd goodmans
medion dvb-t card powercinema
dvb-s twinhan 1034 pci card
skyb digital dish and lnb from sky
mytheatre
no cams yet as newbie
My Location
scotland
Hi again and thanks for your help done the satellite tune thing on the receiver and got the meter to go from red to yellow and then the fine tune:-doh! and hey presto now got a few channels.
on astra 1
and hotbird over 1500
now happy need to work out what can do next with the patch
have updated to darkman 2.2 somthing and what is the next thing.
its been a long journey the last two days.:cool:
thanks all fraser