HELP Technomate 5500 DAPCI

aikon0029

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
CPU Intel® Pentium® 4 640 Prescott (3.20 Ghz)
Memory 1024 MB DDR RAM - (2x 512 MB - PC3200)
Motherboard ECS 915P-M3
Hard Drive 300GB Maxtor DiamondMax SATA 6B300S0 Skystar 2 usb 1.1mtr steerable dish Manhattan XT[CM, Quali 1080ir
My Location
London [South East]
Hi guys, just had my actuator replaced on my dish, my problem is although most of the positions have been set by the installer, I cannot for the life of me fathom out how to get the dish to go to one of those positions automatically. If there is a technomate DAPCI owner out there who can give me a simple explanation on how to, it would be appreciated. Thank you in advance for any help. Sorry but had to repost this as I think it has got lost amongst other posts, can't use to box until I can get this info.

bassbandit

Reaction score
If you wish to change from your current program to watch a channel on another satellite this should help.

Press OK
This should show all channels available on current satellite
Press RED button
This should bring up a menu in the top right corner of the screen showing all satellites available
Use the up / down keys to select the satellite you want
Then press the GREEN button to select how you wish to view the channels on that satellite, I suggest alphabet
Press OK
Select a channel from the left hand list
Press OK
The dish should move to the satellite you have selected
Press OK again to remove menu from screen

This sounds complicated but you soon get used to it, hope it helps, the manual leaves a lot to be desired doesnt it

aikon0029

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
CPU Intel® Pentium® 4 640 Prescott (3.20 Ghz)
Memory 1024 MB DDR RAM - (2x 512 MB - PC3200)
Motherboard ECS 915P-M3
Hard Drive 300GB Maxtor DiamondMax SATA 6B300S0 Skystar 2 usb 1.1mtr steerable dish Manhattan XT[CM, Quali 1080ir
My Location
London [South East]
Thank you bassbandit for your help, yes, manual does leave a lot to be desired, its a shame they do not ask for users to give their comments on it, but even when you mail technomate they do not bother to answer, thanks again.