Help TM6900 super keeps rebooting

satsoft

Reaction score
Hi,

My TM6900 combo super was working fine last night, but this morning it was playing up with slow response to remote orders and no signal from lnb. I have updated the software to the latest magicpatch, it improved the responsiveness of the receiver software, but still no signal. The dish and lnb hasn't moved since last night, so I was astonished at the loss of signal. I reflased the STB software to the original TM 6.88 software from their website via the usb. However, after that things get worse with the reciever keeps rebooting, it starts the TM logo then says bad signal and it reboots again & again. I can't enter the menu as it doesn't allow me. I have tried the RS232 null connection, and I can't get the connection to the receiver, to reflash the stb again.

Any help on how to fix this continuous rebooting is greatly appreciated.

cheers

satsoft

Reaction score
Hi,

My TM6900 combo super was working fine last night, but this morning it was playing up with slow response to remote orders and no signal from lnb. I have updated the software to the latest magicpatch, it improved the responsiveness of the receiver software, but still no signal. The dish and lnb hasn't moved since last night, so I was astonished at the loss of signal. I reflased the STB software to the original TM 6.88 software from their website via the usb. However, after that things get worse with the reciever keeps rebooting, it starts the TM logo then says bad signal and it reboots again & again. I can't enter the menu as it doesn't allow me. I have tried the RS232 null connection, and I can't get the connection to the receiver, to reflash the stb again.

Any help on how to fix this continuous rebooting is greatly appreciated.

cheers

setisat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 6900 + 1m dish and Diablo Light cam
My Location
Gwent Wales UK
Found this on the net if it helps m8

if you have a bad download or your receiver locks up this is how to
clear the problem, you can only do this procedure with a [null modem cable]
if your model has a [usb port], this wont work useing a [memory stick]
first turn the receiver off with the switch on the rear panel of your receiver.
next connect your null modem cable from your computer 9 pin com port
to the rs232 port on the receiver, you can now use either the official opperating software from technomate.com or load the latest patch for your model, after loading the software on the v187 loader and you click connect
when the darkman v1.87 loader asks connect the receiver and turn it on
go to the receiver and turn it on again with the switch on the rear panel
turning the receiver on at the rear will force the download and clear the problem caused by any incomplete downloads or faulty patches etc:.
after the download has fully loaded the box should now boot and work normally and the channels open
some take the lnb cable from the receiver before doing this download
if you remove the lnb cable make sure the receiver is turned [off] before
you [remove or re-connect the lnb cable].

setisat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 6900 + 1m dish and Diablo Light cam
My Location
Gwent Wales UK
Found this on the net if it helps m8

if you have a bad download or your receiver locks up this is how to
clear the problem, you can only do this procedure with a [null modem cable]
if your model has a [usb port], this wont work useing a [memory stick]
first turn the receiver off with the switch on the rear panel of your receiver.
next connect your null modem cable from your computer 9 pin com port
to the rs232 port on the receiver, you can now use either the official opperating software from technomate.com or load the latest patch for your model, after loading the software on the v187 loader and you click connect
when the darkman v1.87 loader asks connect the receiver and turn it on
go to the receiver and turn it on again with the switch on the rear panel
turning the receiver on at the rear will force the download and clear the problem caused by any incomplete downloads or faulty patches etc:.
after the download has fully loaded the box should now boot and work normally and the channels open
some take the lnb cable from the receiver before doing this download
if you remove the lnb cable make sure the receiver is turned [off] before
you [remove or re-connect the lnb cable].

BombedOne

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Covering 30W-105.5E range, two motors, C and Ku band. Various receivers/cards/cams/etc.
My Location
Republic of Georgia
Do you have LAN cable connected to it?

I had a similar problem with ctech5000hd combo (which is same receiver as yours), and support said - remove lan cable and reflash then.

BombedOne

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Covering 30W-105.5E range, two motors, C and Ku band. Various receivers/cards/cams/etc.
My Location
Republic of Georgia
Do you have LAN cable connected to it?

I had a similar problem with ctech5000hd combo (which is same receiver as yours), and support said - remove lan cable and reflash then.

jetkis

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate twin tuner 7100HD
Motorised Fracarro Penta 85cm
Don't have Sky
My Location
Oxford
This method fixed mine as well. Thanks dude.
setisat said:
Found this on the net if it helps m8 if you have a bad download or your receiver locks up this is how toclear the problem, you can only do this procedure with a [null modem cable]if your model has a [usb port], this wont work useing a [memory stick]first turn the receiver off with the switch on the rear panel of your receiver.next connect your null modem cable from your computer 9 pin com portto the rs232 port on the receiver, you can now use either the official opperating software from technomate.com or load the latest patch for your model, after loading the software on the v187 loader and you click connectwhen the darkman v1.87 loader asks connect the receiver and turn it ongo to the receiver and turn it on again with the switch on the rear panelturning the receiver on at the rear will force the download and clear the problem caused by any incomplete downloads or faulty patches etc:.after the download has fully loaded the box should now boot and work normally and the channels open*****************************some take the lnb cable from the receiver before doing this downloadif you remove the lnb cable make sure the receiver is turned [off] beforeyou [remove or re-connect the lnb cable].