help wanted - Wythenshaw area....

smoothste1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
60 cm dish for sky television,with sky movies and anytime plus....A 90 cm dish pointing only on hotbird,got a viaccess cam,some other and private spice cam/card for 5 years.Looking into unscrambeling any channels i can get my hands on...but nothing o
My Location
wythenshawe manchester
I bought a technomate set top box and a 90 cm dish,in manchester i think i needed that size.An engineer came round to my place and told me to keep it just on hotbird,as that was the best satallite,with the most channels..ect.I know know diffrently i would like to have astra 19.2 and others but can anybody tell me,ive been looking through what satallite mag but it looks quite expensive.My dish is close to the building,and pointing at 13 east which is right on the edge of the building,the dish couldnt move any furtheer to the right because it would be facing the block oof flats.So to get a motor to move the dish,i need a motor to move it.Now looking on this map i could pick up from 13 east on the right to about aprox 68.5 east which is intelsat.The rest i would need another dish round the back.Or do you think the best thing would be to get a quad lnb option, where i could pick up 1/2/3/4 satallites on one dish.I get confused,and not to many shops in manchester help much,there is one shop not to far but they are a waste of time.Getting an engineer is difficult too,are there any blokes in south manchester,that could help with the payment,im not a millionaire and it costs a lot.I have a viaccess cam and a private spice card which works ok...lols.But i wondered now,as ive heard through the grapevine that hotbird was impossible to now unscramble with any software,as the computer connects to the technomate set top box.I have been onto ***** so many times,but i get confused with the unscrambeling of channels,and also i want a conex mtv card,but that only works on 19.2 i think.Any chance of getting mtv idol/pulse/hits/dance/poland/1/2/euro vh1 europe and other music channels any channels you can unscramble on ***** would be great,i dont know how to get it all to work though.I have all the sky channels and the movies but it is boring and tiredsome,i want a change...please help thanks satallite people......chris

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
90cm is overkill for Hotbird. However it will allow for multiple lnb's to be fitted to give you assorted satellites. As long as you have line of sight onto the other satellite one of our installers will be able to fix you up.

Generally speaking you cant decode channels by software patches these days. There are a few minor channels open, but the days of multiple pay tv services being open have long gone.

I'll move this to the installer wanted section - one of our members around Manchester might be able to help.