"HELP" which one?

Hi

ok narrowed it down to 2 receivers Dreambox / Humax 5400z patched.

(1) can you only use 5 in 1,6 in1 etc with a patched humax.

(2) if you change the firmware on the dreamBox to Traverllers emu beta 1.05.3a+gbox can you then decode channels without the need for cards?

(3)Finally which one would you choose?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Hi Scrambled, you can use a 5 in 1 file with any suitable Freecam, magic module or allcam patched receiver.

With regard to the Dreambox, I am not particularly up on the details, but i believe that they are not particularly straightforward at the moment, as a lot of the software is still in beta testing form.

Personally i would buy the Dreambox, but only because i seem to enjoy hours of frustration. :D

Rolfw

Sorry i wasn't to clear with question (1)

what i ment to say was can you only use 5 in 1,6 in1 files with a patched humax or can you also use separate cards with only ,Viaccess, Mediaguard, Irdeto, Betacrypt, Nagravision ETC on them.

whats your opinion of humax 5400z ?

I'm not realy this stupid honest :-bash

Thanks

a mate of mine got a dreambox last week and after a week of total frustration he's now totally bald,to me it looks very complicated but he's got the hang of it now and his hair is growing back,when i fully understand how to use it i will get one myself,it looks the buisness

scrambled2003

im not sure about the receiver you should opt for but i can tell you about mine. i have a humax vaci5300 and i love it:D :D i use mm with pcrypt 1.11 which gets eveything including the conax channels on 1west. you can also use gold cards for viac*ess in the embedded slot,its simple and straight forward to use, happy hunting to ya buddy:)