Help with 19 East.

allan238

My Location
west of england
After several busy days experimenting with a scrounged 80 cm Sat dish I have to admit defeat. Can't see satellites for the trees and buildings around the Bungalow....what a bummer!:(

However there is a glimmer of hope. My side wall faces East and on the extreme edge of the house, near the road , there is an old sky dish which I use for their free sat. To the right of that the biggest and ugliest tree that I have ever seen.

My thoughts are of putting a bracket beneath the sky dish and setting the other dish directly underneath it. In theory I should then be able to get
28 East, then move slowlyto the right until I find 19 East.

Now, before I risk life and limb putting up the bracket, does anyone have any idea of approximately how many inches to the right would I have to go to find 19 East? Bear in mind I have very little leeway because of that great damn tree.
I just want to see if my idea is feasable.

I sympathise with The Hunchback of Notre Dame when he said, "It's the bells, It's the bells." I got, "It's the trees, it's the tree's":D

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
It certainly isn't very far around to 19.2 from 28.2, a matter of only a few inches at the lnb end of the dish.

Where abouts are you Allan?

allan238

My Location
west of england
Hi rolf, Happy Easter to you.
I'm in Trowbridge, Wiltshire, and yep! surrounded by trees:D

Allan

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I may be dropping down to see my brother in Corsham early next week, are you likely to be around, if you are, we can have a punt around with the meter. :)

allan238

My Location
west of england
What a gent you are.
My son-in-law is prepared to do the ladder climbing for me and put up the bracket for the dish, but I would hate for him to waste his time, particularly as his knowledge of our hobby is nonexistent. I guess you would find it hard to take meter readings with me parading up and down holding a satellite dish:D
My old home was brilliant. A Metre plus motorised dish and clear skies East to West, mind I did have it installed professionally.
Why didn't I take up stamp collecting?O-Ha
Allan